Deals Gap 2024: Safety 3rd!

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

New to me work space

Started by 85RZwade, February 05, 2023, 12:50:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evans Ward

Wade- that's nice and we all have to work with the areas we have. Everyone always says they need bigger space!

@AAAaltered:  :thumbs:
1984 Yamaha RZ350
1976 Suzuki GT750
1972 Kawasaki H2 750 Mach IV

m in sc

wait till you get them up and go:

'Hm: i might need -2- more'.  :dawg:

mixedbikes

Same lights I use, love them. When we moved into this house 7 years ago, we picked a house that I could build a bigger shop. I blew out the back wall of a 24X30 garage, and added 24X32 to it. Still not enough, good luck with your new space, we all need more room.

IR8D8R

I recently had a ballast in one of my 8' fluorescent fixtures smoke up. That was a bit alarming because it melted a big hole in the metal ballast case when it shorted and could have burned the place down. I went and bought a fancy Chinese $40 solid-state ballast and a couple of 8' LED replacement tubes. Installed the ballast before I read the box for the LED tubes that said "You must remove the ballast transformer from your fluorescent light fixture before using".  :bang:

IR8D8R

AAAltered

Quote from: IR8D8R on February 08, 2023, 03:26:11 PM
"You must remove the ballast transformer from your fluorescent light fixture before using".  :bang:

You just found out what Mark was talkin bout.
1971 R5
1976 RD200
2022 Moto Guzzi V7 850 Special

85RZwade

I'm super anxious to get these lights installed; it'll make building shelves a bunch more pleasant. More pictures to come!
I post waayyy too much

85RZwade

Only four of sixteen lights put up, and I clearly have more than I need; I think twelve will be more than adequate. Put shelving across the back wall with brackets supplied by the illustrious dgorms. Each bracket is rated at 500 pounds, so I think my crap will stay up there.

Then I put up a second, shorter shelf above the first, level with the top plate of the rear wall:

I know, it's kind of hard to see. Believe it or not, there is some semblance of order up there! I tried to scribble something on the end of the boxes as I put them up for future reference. There is more and more floor showing, and I'm anxious to start building the work bench. There are the two dirt bikes parked on the back wall, and I THINK there will be enough room for six bikes along there when the old bench and my tool boxes get out of the way (KTM, XR200R, RZ350, RZ350, RD350B and RD350LC). Dennis right now is wondering where the three bikes I'm storing at his place are going to park...
I post waayyy too much

sav0r

More is better, but too much is just right.
www.chrislivengood.net - for my projects and musings.

SoCal250

Quote from: sav0r on March 01, 2023, 10:45:12 PM
More is better, but too much is just right.
Agreed!  :thumbs:
About a year ago I bought a Barrina 8-pack and put a few up. I love them so much that I'm now planning to rearrange the previous lights I already had up and add the rest of the them in the areas where I do most of my work. And I'm considering getting another package of them to really make the place bright.
75 Yamaha RD125B   75 Yamaha RD125B (project)
75 Yamaha RD250B   75 Yamaha RD200B (project)
73 Yamaha RD350     77 Yamaha RD400D   79 Yamaha RD400F  
91 Yamaha TZR250R  89 Yamaha FZR400   05 Yamaha FZ6   
05 Yamaha XT225TC  82 Honda MB5  02 Aprilia RS250 Cup (sold)

m in sc

wires some in under the shelves, either tstraight down or reflecting off the wall. shadows: gone. then buy more.  :cheerleader:

soonerbillz

Glad you have decent place to store all your parts and stuff... and a place to work in.
But like the rest of the US it won't last long. More will be needed before long.

JBeasty

Looks like it's shaping up to be a great hide out! I love snooping at other folks garages. An open garage door always stops me in my tracks while out walking the dog.  :haw:
1977 RD400

85RZwade

Me, too! So cool to spot a bike or two; it usually leads to a conversation!
I post waayyy too much

Djg8493

I do the same, I am more surprised that so many people walk by my garage without stopping.  They can definitely see whats going on as I also fell victim to the Barrina amazon deal and put up at least 16 of them :celebrate:
1970 R5, 1975 Rd350, 1978 GT80, 1979 KZ400, 1988 Ysr50, 1990 GSXR750, 2006 WR450 SM, 2006 R6

RDryan

OK this thread is getting too deep, LOL. If any of you fellas were my neighbors we'd be the best of pals. A.) I like bikes and B.)I don't have a garage. :whistle: Dam I wish I didn't like in such a homely part the country, too much winter and surrounded by breeders, the few who do ride bikes are mostly all on Harleys that barely ever need much more than a oil change cause they hardly get ridden.