Deals Gap 2024: Safety 3rd!

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Motorcycle Mover

Started by Milan, March 13, 2023, 02:21:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RDFL

I assume you know put bike on move around. If you mean do such things work good, they are great for maximizing number of bikes that can be stored in an area. Each bike only uses what's needed upright and can be put up against each other.

Milan

also worried about the purchase, and actually getting it from the company.

Motea.con does not have good reviews.
But this is the only place, so far, that I found that has this type.

M

m in sc

i wouldn't trust one with just a front chock to hold up a bike straight, especially a bike with narrow tires.

https://www.harborfreight.com/low-profile-motorcycle-dolly-95896.html

Milan

I had thought about trusting it to hold the bike up as well.
Also about adding a back wheel chock or a piece of steel stud that can swing up and lock the back wheel as well.

I liked the idea of it being upright.

My next option was the harbor freight one you have above

m in sc

i just have mine lined up int he garage, i think there's 9 in there now on one wall. IMHO, thats just somethign else to trip over. But, with certain shop layouts, i can see the benefit i guess. 

Djg8493

Front wheel chocks like that are only a good fit for certain tires but even with that it would not be a good idea to move it around too much as the entire dolly can fall over.
I worked at a shop for years that did winter storage in a small area, we tried a number of things to save space like using different stands to keep the bikes upright.  They work ok but do add a little risk in putting bikes on and off as we had one or two dropped. 
In the end the way M does it is the most efficient and also how I keep mine in the garage, we did find the best way to save space is to arrange the bikes with taller handle bars next to smaller handle bars so they fit tighter but are still easy to move in and out.
1970 R5, 1975 Rd350, 1978 GT80, 1979 KZ400, 1988 Ysr50, 1990 GSXR750, 2006 WR450 SM, 2006 R6

RDFL

Black Widow has one like that Harbor Freight.

kramdua

don't trust the seller. anyone with less than a 98-99% feedback is off my list. a 91.2% shouldn't even be able to sell on ebay.
harbor freight looks good to me and you can take it back without shipping.
8 year absent.
back in action.
virginia.

SoCal250

I had the Harbor Freight dolly for a while. It didn't do what I needed so I got rid of it. It actually wasted more garage space.
The drawback with these dollies is that they take up more space than you think. The problem is the footprint; the length is much longer than needed for most bikes and the fact that the kickstand platform sticks out so far. If you have a really big bike like a Harley, Gold Wing, or adventure bike it would probably make sense. With smaller bikes and shorter wheelbase like that of an RD or RZ you're better off just lining the bikes up side-by-side on their wheels. You can get many more in that way. If you want them vortical when lined up just stick them on paddock stands.  :twocents:
75 Yamaha RD125B   75 Yamaha RD125B (project)
75 Yamaha RD250B   75 Yamaha RD200B (project)
73 Yamaha RD350     77 Yamaha RD400D   79 Yamaha RD400F  
91 Yamaha TZR250R  89 Yamaha FZR400   05 Yamaha FZ6   
05 Yamaha XT225TC  82 Honda MB5  02 Aprilia RS250 Cup (sold)

m in sc

or a block of wood under the sidestand.  :whistle:

i think these were invented for putting cruisers in front of minivans in garages.

SoCal250

Quote from: m in sc on March 14, 2023, 02:28:16 PM
or a block of wood under the sidestand.  :whistle:
:thumbs: yep, I do that as well

Quote from: m in sc on March 14, 2023, 02:28:16 PM
i think these were invented for putting cruisers in front of minivans in garages.
Exactly
75 Yamaha RD125B   75 Yamaha RD125B (project)
75 Yamaha RD250B   75 Yamaha RD200B (project)
73 Yamaha RD350     77 Yamaha RD400D   79 Yamaha RD400F  
91 Yamaha TZR250R  89 Yamaha FZR400   05 Yamaha FZ6   
05 Yamaha XT225TC  82 Honda MB5  02 Aprilia RS250 Cup (sold)