Deals Gap 2024: Josh performing parking lot maintenance

Next Year:  May 4-11th.  26th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

PWK's with JD jetting kit

Started by Nkreig, April 16, 2022, 10:30:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nkreig

I have a set of 28mm PWK's laying around I was going to use on another build but may go another direction with.  Ive been running VM28s with the DF mod for probably 18 years that dave talked me through (God rest his soul).  I have PWK air strikers on both my YZ250's using JD jetting kits and they just work great.   Does anyone know if the PWK's will work with the stock air boot and K&N filter? I really want to see how the RD responds to PWK's with the JD kit but want to make sure I have the part list sorted before I dig in.  Also, do the stock cables work with PWK's?

m in sc

I've used pwks a few times on rd builds.  I can  say the y boot won't work, but long unis are fine. as far as jetting,  I've always had luck with jjj or jjh needles, about a 40-42 pilot, and 155-165 main. can't comment on 'nd' jetting. the stock cables, for low top carbs, will work but upu have to use larger ID adjusters on the pwks, stock Yamaha/mikuni ones will  thread in.

Nkreig

Quote from: m in sc on April 17, 2022, 07:24:58 AM
I've used pwks a few times on rd builds.  I can  say the y boot won't work, but long unis are fine. as far as jetting,  I've always had luck with jjj or jjh needles, about a 40-42 pilot, and 155-165 main. can't comment on 'nd' jetting. the stock cables, for low top carbs, will work but upu have to use larger ID adjusters on the pwks, stock Yamaha/mikuni ones will  thread in.
Thank you good sir 👍