(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Help! with a Dyna S

Started by AAAltered, August 04, 2019, 04:12:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2t Fan

Quote from: AAAltered on August 23, 2019, 07:42:57 AM
^^^^^^^ what he said.

BUT instead of buying a new VS kit, I bought a KZ kit for $120 and used the pickup.  The real cost of the VS kit is the custom made mounting plate.  Once you have the plate, you can use pickups from other kits.  I researched all the Dyna S kits and had to go by them looking the same, since there are no PNs on the bits.

I'm glad I finally dug in to resolve this, I didn't originally install the iggy so had little knowledge about it.  Now I do and got away "cheap"....

i was planning the same route. Later decided for a complete kit when Nick suggested that problem can be of the trigger also, which is not available in spare

Organicjedi

Nick's trigger has three magnets. The extra magnet is what prevents it from running backward. You can test the magnets with a small Allen wrench or paper clip. The three magnets are pretty close together. With the Allen wrench or paper clip, you should feel three distinct and equal pulls from the magnets on the rotor.

2t Fan

Quote from: Organicjedi on August 25, 2019, 11:07:51 PM
Nick's trigger has three magnets. The extra magnet is what prevents it from running backward. You can test the magnets with a small Allen wrench or paper clip. The three magnets are pretty close together. With the Allen wrench or paper clip, you should feel three distinct and equal pulls from the magnets on the rotor.

Thanks for that info

quocle603

Oh man, I had the same issue and needed to get a new mod as well.
Do not underestimate the power of a two-stroke.

1975 Yamaha RD350 (modified), 1973 Yamaha RD350 (stock), 1971 Suzuki T500, 1981 Yamaha XS650 HS2, 1982 Honda MB5, 1980 Puch Maxi, 1979 Puch Magnum, 1993 Tomos Bullet, 2003 Malaguti Firefox F15 LC