Deals Gap 2024: Safety 3rd!

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Rear brake upgrade

Started by Joshua, June 28, 2019, 08:46:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joshua

Am I crazy for wanting to upgrade my rear brake?  I upgraded my front brake with the r1/fzr and find my rear brake is so stinking heavy.  I thought there was talk about this on the old forum.  I keep trying to talk myself out of it, but keep wanting to do something about it.  My assumption is to just get over it and rebuild my back caliper. . . . Is there any ideas out there that can fit with some fab work that anyone has tried?  Ideas?

Before anyone tells me, I know the back brake is fine and will work, but. . .

quocle603

Do not underestimate the power of a two-stroke.

1975 Yamaha RD350 (modified), 1973 Yamaha RD350 (stock), 1971 Suzuki T500, 1981 Yamaha XS650 HS2, 1982 Honda MB5, 1980 Puch Maxi, 1979 Puch Magnum, 1993 Tomos Bullet, 2003 Malaguti Firefox F15 LC

Joshua

teazer

Have you looked at an Economy Cycle aluminum repro caliper and maybe a pair of Aluminum pistons to put the cherry on top? And then thin the disk rotor and rill it full of holes to drop another pound or so.

You could add Ti or Auminum sprocket nuts and maybe replace the bearing spacer with an aluminum one or fit a TZ250C on rear wheel which has a smaller diameter disk.

OR get a tiny Brembo rear caliper from a Ducati or similar and make a custom caliper mount.

Lots of ways to drop weight.