Deals Gap 2024: Safety 3rd!

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Domino Quick action throttle on RD350.

Started by Gill, June 17, 2019, 12:21:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gill

Hello, I bought Domino 1333 quick action throttle for RD. I had bookmarked a thread on old forum on the subject, unfortunately the webpage is not accessible now. I recount a forum member mentioned to remove the elbow from the throttle cable.

Throttle housing has m8*1.25 threads, how can stock throttle cable be used with it as the Domino housing has no provision of retainer screw.
Thanks.

pdxjim

Send it back and get the Motion Pro Turbo Throttle and appropriate cable from Economy Cycle.
Wasting time on 2T forums since the dawn of the internet. '89 TDR250, '13 300xcw, '19 690smcr, '56 Porsche 356A

Gill

Return is not an option now!  :vroom: Have to make it work somehow!

m in sc

use a clutch perch (or drum brake) adjusting bolt. you can use a std m8 nut as the locknut. every japanese one i've ever seen is m8  :twocents:

teazer

Except for GSXR's which are 10mm.  :eek:  But yes, most of our older bikes were 8mm for sure.

I'm not sure what the problem is though.  It looks like that cable is designed to work with that throttle.  Is it not a 1 into 2 design? and if not can you not modify it to make it work using a shortened top peipec and stock OEM carb ends and splitter?  Or make a new cable with parts from Flanders Cable or Mike's XS.  That's what I had to do to fit a Motion Pro vortex to a set of 34's

I like Mark's idea to use a clutch adjuster, but there are others around.

m in sc

yeah, those are big. but i never owned one, just rode a few. good to know. still theres a ton of options out there.

ive used one of those throttles, the 8mm adjuster works, had the same issue once.  the stock cable will essentially 'fall in' the housing, its a no go w out it.

:twocents: