Deals Gap 2024: Safety 3rd!

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Amazon craziness!

Started by soonerbillz, July 12, 2023, 10:58:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

soonerbillz

I ordered and paid fore a new Vevor 30 liter ultrasonic cleaner from Amazon 2 weeks ago.  They said it would be here in 3 days. 
 The tracking number then showed it went on a wild 7 day cross country trip to several states I don't live in. Finally it showed last Tuesday that it was in the Tulsa distribution center and would arrive the next day. I had errands to run that day but the UPS drivers know I have a package drop box for deliveries (I'm very rural) so I wasn't worried. I get home that afternoon and there's a notice stuck to my door from UPS saying they couldn't leave the item because it had a signature only delivery ticket. Damn it!
 The tracking showed "Delivery attempted" but failed for the above reason but they would attempt again the next day.😕
 That morning the tracking showed that it was on a truck and would be delivered that day.. between 7AM and 8PM .. ugh!
 So I stayed at the house ALL day and night.. and they never showed up.  The tracking said "On the truck" until about 6AM when it changed to "Undeliverable" 😡
  I spent a good part of the day calling UPS but that was a waste of time.  Thursday I got a email from Amazon saying the item was "Undeliverable" and they would refund my money. Fine! Whatever.
 Monday.. I check my bank and indeed they did return the money.
 Tuesday.. !!!
 9:30AM I'm sitting in my living room and a UPS truck shows up in my driveway and out comed a big box that it crushed, ripped and showing lot of travel wear. It's the damn cleaner! 🤨
 ..and the driver dumps it on my porch and jumped in the truck and took off before I got to the door. 
 I bring the poor thing inside cur open the box.  The cleaner it dented on a corner. The lid handle was smashed a broken on one side but everything else looked fine.
 Ok then.
 Now what to do?

m in sc

id suggest to be careful w the handle, tac weld or rivet it back on. congrats.

Striker1423

We ordered a chair from Buy Buy Baby last year. They said it would be delivered around 2 weeks after baby was born. Then, they said it wouldn't be here until May. Well, we needed a chair, so we went to the store, cancelled the order and got our refund in cash as that's how we paid. Ordered a different chair from Amazon much cheaper and it showed up in 2 days.

Fast-forward several months and I walk outside to the garage door and there's a HUGE box sitting in front of the garage. It's the original chair we ordered, were delayed on and had cancelled and were refunded for. Didn't even know someone swung by and dropped it.

SoCal250

There's a reason I refer to UPS as "United Parcel Smashers"
75 Yamaha RD125B   75 Yamaha RD125B (project)
75 Yamaha RD250B   75 Yamaha RD200B (project)
73 Yamaha RD350     77 Yamaha RD400D   79 Yamaha RD400F  
91 Yamaha TZR250R  89 Yamaha FZR400   05 Yamaha FZ6   
05 Yamaha XT225TC  82 Honda MB5  02 Aprilia RS250 Cup (sold)

mixedbikes

Very long story short. I had a ups driver saying I had signed for several packages I never saw. On last one I requested a copy of my signature from ups which they could not supply. As I worked for the sheriffs office, it was easy to have the local police dept fill out a theft report. Next delivery,,,,, new ups driver.

1976RD400C

Something tells me sooner or later Amazon is going to look at the tracking and ask if you got it, but there is no signature, so..
'76 RD400 green  '76 RD400 red   '84 RZ350

LMS

Amazon prime and most sellers on that site will take that back, free of charge, no delivery fees. Take a look, if that is the case, bring it down to a drop off location. Reorder. There is also an option to replace.
75 RD350 bought 12/22. First motorcycle I have ever owned.