(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Wicked RD pipes

Started by rodneya, June 18, 2020, 11:49:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rodneya

New pipe option for 350's available soon from Wicked Motorsport

sav0r

Those look good, let's hear the details.
www.chrislivengood.net - for my projects and musings.

m in sc

interesting. straight headpipe?  :umm:

Dvsrd

If they skip that angle/bend in the stinger, the rear axle can be pulled without removing one pipe.  :twocents:

85RZwade

Toomey silencers I think. Curious that they opted to go below the footpegs, helluva good lookin' pipe, though.
I post waayyy too much

Dvsrd

Quote from: m in sc on June 19, 2020, 12:00:05 AM
interesting. straight headpipe?  :umm:
Looks tapered to me....may be wrong though.

Czakky

Striker1423

Those hang so low you don;t need to cut off the center stand tabs. Or beat on em with various blunt objects either. Interesting.

rodneya

Quote from: sav0r on June 18, 2020, 11:53:00 PM
Those look good, let's hear the details.

Just something Roger Allen posted on Facebook. His website is not really the greatest, so you would probably have to call him to get details.

pdxjim

Look out for speed bumps and tall curbs 👎
Wasting time on 2T forums since the dawn of the internet. '89 TDR250, '13 300xcw, '19 690smcr, '56 Porsche 356A

m in sc

the belly shape reminds me somewhat of the old pro-flo s-series kaw triple pipes. (rare as hens teeth). they do hang low.

rodneya

Some more info

85RZwade

I think it's great that there's an option for people who don't want to change the stock footpegs. No doubt many people have been put off over the years by the prospect of not only changing out pipes and rejetting, but also having to replace footpegs to accommodate their new pipe design. They're not for me, but some people probably like where Yamaha put the pegs...?
I post waayyy too much

Dvsrd

Quote from: 85RZwade on June 20, 2020, 09:38:34 AM
I think it's great that there's an option for people who don't want to change the stock footpegs. No doubt many people have been put off over the years by the prospect of not only changing out pipes and rejetting, but also having to replace footpegs to accommodate their new pipe design. They're not for me, but some people probably like where Yamaha put the pegs...?
I would think that anyone wanting more performance from an RD, also want the pegs moved back somewhat. It seems Yamaha put the pegs further forward than Kawasaki and Honda back then. At least the XS650 and RDs have the pegs too far forward for spirited riding. This is just my personal opinion, of course.