(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Never a dull moment

Started by SoCal250, October 02, 2019, 11:22:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RC8RDad

Quote from: SoCal250 on October 12, 2019, 11:31:19 AM
Quote from: Redbird on October 12, 2019, 07:23:17 AM
I drive professionally. I really need to mount a camera in the truck.

Probably a really good idea, especially if you spend so much time on the road. I've been thinking I really need to start using my GoPro again. Traffic here is nuts -- 5 lanes of bumper to bumper traffic each direction, drivers on their phones, aggressive bad drivers, no one seems to know what a turn signal is for, and bikes lane splitting. I see a bike down almost every day and at least 2-3 accidents each direction on my commute.

I live a little north of LA. I can't STAND driving/riding in LA. I seriously avoid it AT ALL COSTS! I used to ride into LA every day for construction work 11 or so years ago. I was hit once in the back of the head by a construction truck mirror, luckily I stayed up. Another day, I saw a poor dude on a bike get smushed between two semis at the 101/405. Not to mention now days you can't go a mile without smelling a car with a group getting ripped on marijuana while cruising around.

If you don't want to mess with your GoPro turning it on and off and such and worrying about it getting stolen. Dragontouch (crappy FauxPro) makes a camera that is about 40 bucks and has a dashcam feature where it writes over video data over a certain amount of time. It also mounts in the same mounts as a GoPro. The video quality ain't bad either. I bought one as a place holder until I got a new GoPro. It ain't near the same quality, but mine has worked a few years without a hitch and even survived a crash or two.
1992 Suzuki RGV250
2010 KTM RC8R
2019 KTM 500 EXC-F
2017 BMW R1200RTP (work bike)