Deals Gap 2024: Josh performing parking lot maintenance

Next Year:  May 4-11th.  26th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Trimming Needle Jets

Started by Perattzi, May 01, 2024, 09:34:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Perattzi

So I'm finally sorting my RD350 after too many years of neglect. I originally built this bike about 12 years ago and has sadly mostly sat in my garage for the last 8-10. Got distracted by Ducatis, Datsuns, dirt bikes, etc. Still starts 2nd kick  :olaf: Pulled apart the carbs for a good clean and ordered new gaskets, float valves etc.
Was revisiting the Dave f mod instructions (did the mod a long time ago) and to check what brass I have in there. Then I came across a pdf's of Dales procedure and older posts here about trimming the needle jet shield part that sticks into the bore of the carb. Lots of different info.
I have 169 P-2 jets and DP7 needles.Pretty sure I never did this bc most instructions floating around don't mention it and by the looks of the needle jet shield, doubt I did that good of a job if I had lol
Does anyone have good info on this? Thanks!

m in sc

Perattzi

Right on, I'll leave it be then. I'm guessing this is more of a fine tuning? My bike has stock porting, slightly modified DG's, y boot KN,  and corrected squish by SCR, nothin crazy.