Deals Gap 2024: Josh performing parking lot maintenance

Next Year:  May 4-11th.  26th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Oil pump rebuild time?

Started by NYSingh, October 14, 2019, 09:54:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NYSingh

I'm getting a lot of bubbles when priming the pump (I have the the throttle jammed so pump is on max). Middle line isn't pushing out any oil. Lines are on tight.

Video: https://photos.app.goo.gl/kyZs9gkDnwNFLvRq6

Is it time for a rebuild kit?
1976 RD400C (SpecII pipes, K&N Y-boot, Dave F Mod, Team Scream Racing Stage-1 Porting)
Moto Guzzi V7III

Jessup

It's on the internet, it must be true :whistle:

m in sc

make sure its bled correctly . but its moving fluid. are there any leaks under the cover?  how does it look running?

Organicjedi

Put a little premix in the tank and bleed it while it's running.

The pumps are usually fine.

pdxjim

Wasting time on 2T forums since the dawn of the internet. '89 TDR250, '13 300xcw, '19 690smcr, '56 Porsche 356A

NYSingh

Can't say how it pumps while running because I haven't started the bike back up after rebuilding the engine.  This is my last step before firing her up, but don't want to ruin Chuck's beautiful port/bore work with a faulty oil pump!  The last time it was running the pump seemed to be pumping fine.  I've never been able to completely rid the line from the tank of the big bubble, but it always seemed to stay in the same place and the outgoing lines were always full of oil.  I'll try to bleed it again and see if I have better luck. If not, I'll run on premix for a bit while the lines prime properly.
1976 RD400C (SpecII pipes, K&N Y-boot, Dave F Mod, Team Scream Racing Stage-1 Porting)
Moto Guzzi V7III

iranana

^ chuck some premix in the tank, fire her up then bleed the pump - the manuals indicate how much should be dispensed every X number of strokes at full stroke or something if you want to measure the output

rodneya

Mine would not work properly because of a bubble in the feed line that would not go away after rebuild. only found the problem after switchibg to clear lines.I disconnected the feed line at the pump and let oil drain out till the bubble was gone and reconnected. No issues after that

quocle603

check all your stuff before doing a rebuild.

1. Fully bleed the pump line.
2. Check if the hoses are securely on the pump
3. Clamp down all of the hoses

Do not underestimate the power of a two-stroke.

1975 Yamaha RD350 (modified), 1973 Yamaha RD350 (stock), 1971 Suzuki T500, 1981 Yamaha XS650 HS2, 1982 Honda MB5, 1980 Puch Maxi, 1979 Puch Magnum, 1993 Tomos Bullet, 2003 Malaguti Firefox F15 LC

SUPERTUNE

I guess it time to upload some video's I made on testing oil pumps. Had them on the old forum...
Chuck
RD machine work, boring, porting, cranks and engine building.

Chuck 'SUPERTUNE' Quenzler III
Team Scream Racing LLC
1920 Sherwood St. STE A
Clearwater, FL. 33765
cqsupertune@tampabay.rr.com

Czakky

quocle603

There should be more videos on stuff. It helps visual learners like me.
Do not underestimate the power of a two-stroke.

1975 Yamaha RD350 (modified), 1973 Yamaha RD350 (stock), 1971 Suzuki T500, 1981 Yamaha XS650 HS2, 1982 Honda MB5, 1980 Puch Maxi, 1979 Puch Magnum, 1993 Tomos Bullet, 2003 Malaguti Firefox F15 LC

SUPERTUNE

RD machine work, boring, porting, cranks and engine building.

Chuck 'SUPERTUNE' Quenzler III
Team Scream Racing LLC
1920 Sherwood St. STE A
Clearwater, FL. 33765
cqsupertune@tampabay.rr.com