News:

Deals Gap 2024: Safety 3rd!

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Patriot racing expansion chambers - any good?

Started by rdsarefun, October 15, 2023, 12:12:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rdsarefun

Has anyone used these and if so, what are your thoughts on fit/finish/quality/performance?  Google search of their website indicated that these are ~ $450 plus shipping.  Shipping from Anaheim to Pittsburgh is 70 bucks, which is reasonable.

rdsarefun

Further research states that these are MotogpWerks exhausts sold under this company.

SoCal250

These pipes have been discussed on and off for several years here. I don't believe anyone has run them yet or has any experience with them. As I recall, last time the subject came up I think it was Wade who inquired about availability and was told that they would only build them in a quantity and required a number of advanced purchases to make it worthwhile for them.
75 Yamaha RD125B   75 Yamaha RD125B (project)
75 Yamaha RD250B   75 Yamaha RD200B (project)
73 Yamaha RD350     77 Yamaha RD400D   79 Yamaha RD400F  
91 Yamaha TZR250R  89 Yamaha FZR400   05 Yamaha FZ6   
05 Yamaha XT225TC  82 Honda MB5  02 Aprilia RS250 Cup (sold)

85RZwade

I post waayyy too much

LMS

They said the same thing to me, but also gave me the option of them being custom built for I think, 100 bucks and hour. No thx.
75 RD350 bought 12/22. First motorcycle I have ever owned.

rodneya

He is a one man show, and he makes and sells a lot of different things and does not seem to keep stock of anything so its a bit of a strange business model. The stuff that he makes that I have seen has been top quality but it was billet stuff and 4 stroke exhausts.

m in sc

id rather send my money to the guy in south america, the dogster pipe guy.  I  actually might buy a set soon.

rdsarefun

I have corresponded with him and he is looking for a batch run of 8 to 10 pipes to be profitable, else his labor rate is now $150 per hour with a 6 to 8 month lead time.

rodneya

Roger Allen at Wicked Motorsports has opened a pipe shop. Might be worth a look for anybody looking for new pipes.

m in sc

oxford

Just putting this out there again, if anyone is wanting to do the design work for a set of chambers, I will offer the fab/weld work to get them done in exchange.

Come on Mark, you know you want to do a limited edition run of 2stroke world expansion chambers.  :clint:

The Red Scourge

Quote from: oxford on October 17, 2023, 05:37:09 PMJust putting this out there again, if anyone is wanting to do the design work for a set of chambers, I will offer the fab/weld work to get them done in exchange.

Come on Mark, you know you want to do a limited edition run of 2stroke world expansion chambers.  :clint:

:jaw:

That'd be awesome!
'76 Yamaha RD400C
'71 Kawasaki G3SS
'88 Honda CBR400RR
'90 Yamaha FZR400/600 hybrid

85RZwade

I post waayyy too much

m in sc

rdsarefun

I reached out to Jemco to inquire and they sent me the following:

Brian we build a set of cone expansion chambers with repackable silencers for the Yamaha RD350. The expansion chambers are designed to improve performance
as well as increase lean angle but do require removal of
the center stand.The handmade cone expansion chambers
sell for $795.00 plus tax and shipping. Current build time is 4 weeks. The expansion chambers are made from mild
steel and come in a choice of a raw,polished or high heat
black paint finish. Let us know if you want a set and we will send an invoice and add it to our production schedule.
Thanks for the inquiry
Greg at Jemco

I know these are not SS, but price did not seem to out of line.  Any feedback from members who have used these?