Deals Gap 2024: Safety 3rd!

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Haddalayerdown

Started by irk_miller, November 18, 2023, 07:25:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irk_miller

An older fella in a 2023 extended Silverado came across the line exiting Chick-Fil-A. All I could do was grab a bunch of brake and low slide to his front bumper.  Didn't have enough road grip to move right and by. 

I questioned leaving the stock pegs when I put on the chambers, but at least today they seem to have prevented more damage.  I got out of this with nothing more than these few scrapes on the bike and a hole in my pants. 

Trucks have gotten too big and with less cargo space.  Today's mini trucks are the size of past full size trucks.  Riding in town has gotten a lot more stressful.  LOL

85RZwade

I post waayyy too much

m in sc

oh man. glad you came out relatively ok

Brad-Man

Toys don't make the man - Man makes the toys.
1974 RD350
1975 RD350/400 project
1985 BMW K100RS

AAAltered

Thank goodness you are ok.  What was the other drivers reaction?
1971 R5
1976 RD200
2022 Moto Guzzi V7 850 Special

irk_miller

Quote from: AAAltered on November 19, 2023, 09:33:44 AMThank goodness you are ok.  What was the other drivers reaction?
He stopped, waited for me to get my bike up and out of the road, pulled up next to me, stared for a minute through his 20% shade window tint, then drove off. No words.  It was bizarre, actually.  The only thing I can figure is he wanted to avoid conflict.  Not sure how that plays out if I was injured or something, but I assume as long as no contact there's not much I could do but raise hell.

Kawtriplefreak

If you have his tag numberand/or description of him and his vehicle you can have him cited and possibly arrested for leaving the scene of an accident with property damage(hit and run) which he deserves. His insurance has to pay for any and all damage to you and your bike. Call the police and report it. The only downside is they may inquire as to why you didn't report it from the scene and wait there for local law enforcement which is what you are supposed to do. You can say you were disoriented and unsure what you were supposed to do.  Either way you are the victim and they should treat you as such.

pdxjim

Quote from: Kawtriplefreak on November 19, 2023, 03:33:36 PMIf you have his tag numberand/or description of him and his vehicle you can have him cited and possibly arrested for leaving the scene of an accident with property damage(hit and run) which he deserves. His insurance has to pay for any and all damage to you and your bike. Call the police and report it. The only downside is they may inquire as to why you didn't report it from the scene and wait there for local law enforcement which is what you are supposed to do. You can say you were disoriented and unsure what you were supposed to do.  Either way you are the victim and they should treat you as such.

I agree with Tim. Didn't even bother to roll down the window and ask if you're ok?  Fcuk that guy. Make him pay.
Wasting time on 2T forums since the dawn of the internet. '89 TDR250, '13 300xcw, '19 690smcr, '56 Porsche 356A

irk_miller

Quote from: Kawtriplefreak on November 19, 2023, 03:33:36 PMIf you have his tag numberand/or description of him and his vehicle you can have him cited and possibly arrested for leaving the scene of an accident with property damage(hit and run) which he deserves. His insurance has to pay for any and all damage to you and your bike. Call the police and report it. The only downside is they may inquire as to why you didn't report it from the scene and wait there for local law enforcement which is what you are supposed to do. You can say you were disoriented and unsure what you were supposed to do.  Either way you are the victim and they should treat you as such.
Thanks for the advice.  This is why I post to this site.  It's a time I was wishing I had the GoPro on my helmet, which I do more and more lately.  Not so much for the YouTube videos, but to record when something stupid happens. Fortunately, it's only my second encounter with a cage. The first was a mother and daughter arguing in a Suburban.  They took a right turn at a red light and never looked my direction. I had to split the lanes riding through the light to get by without a hit. After that incident, I bought the GoPro.

gargantua350

I know this is sort of off topic but last week some girl crashed into my new house/gate and was supposedly a victim of road rage.  I think she lied to the cops. The evidence points towards she was speeding and lost control. 

I think these days, people in general are either really careless and have no respect to anybody or anything on the road. 

To add insult, her mom came by and all she was worried about was the money and if I would sue her and how much it was going to cost to fix her daughters car...give a me break!!

I told her "Lady your 17 year old daughter was in a bad car accident and all you are worried about is the money, go be with your daughter because she's freaked out!!"  unbelievable!!

I'm glad you are ok from the accident.  It could have been alot worse.

The Red Scourge

I'm glad you're not hurt.  GOTTA WATHC OUT FER THOSE CLIBBINS BORTHER!!
'76 Yamaha RD400C
'71 Kawasaki G3SS
'88 Honda CBR400RR
'90 Yamaha FZR400/600 hybrid