Deals Gap 2024: Safety 3rd!

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Diseases men have

Started by bracket maker, July 01, 2019, 09:01:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bracket maker

Been reading on many forums. seems to be common elements in all. this is my observation.

*craigs list junkie, always brings home the next project after consulting his dick and not his brain. pays 2500 or more for an r5 when an r6 in the same search can be had for under a thousand.

**dude who only uses the 'right parts'. delorto carbs, basinni pipes, mbz. these threads start go on for years and the project never gets done finished. endless scavanger hunt.

***do it yourselfer that can't do. taken apart never put back. some dudes get over their head quick. will go to great legnths to bag and box and label each removed part and the whole project is up on craigs list. boxes bags and all. this is how I buy all my bikes.

****healthy obsessed. checks cl often. buys junk and fixes it for reasons that might not make sense but are not problematic. this type of person is looking for obsolete vehicles that have some kind of fun factor. could have done a ninja but you did a dt250. you can justify rebuilding a dt250  because of the fun factor but not performance. It always will be a paint shaker.

think of is as a spectrum of disease. you can suffer from parts or all.
HAPPY TO BE HOME, 69-13 FTW,

Czakky

I qualify as all of the above. Except the organized part... too close to work at that point.

~JM~

Heard one about the inverse relationship of a man's intelligence vs. the size of the breasts he is staring at.   :cheerleader: :eek:

m in sc

ive had a self imposed ban on CL for years.  :busey:

My projects just sort of come to me, its weird, i rarely look for anything, except that T500 i bought 2 years ago. looked for the right one for years.

it takes years to get the project/feasibility/know your limits balance right.  Somehow, i got it under control.   :celebrate:

Greaser Greg

Quote from: m in sc on July 01, 2019, 02:04:29 PM
ive had a self imposed ban on CL for years.  :busey:

My projects just sort of come to me, its weird, i rarely look for anything, except that T500 i bought 2 years ago. looked for the right one for years.

it takes years to get the project/feasibility/know your limits balance right.  Somehow, i got it under control.   :celebrate:
I wanna be just like you, when I grow up! :help:
Every day above ground is a good one.
'71 R5B "Rusty"  '71 R5B "Decaf"   '99 KZ 250
'97 XL1200S "The Vibrator"   '08 XL1200N  "Greenie" (totalled)
'78 CB750F "The Skunk"   '74 CB550 "Blackie"    '78 Honda Hobbit

Redbird

My projects just sort of come to me, its weird,
This.
Of the three "project bikes" I own, two were freebies given directly to me, and the third was sold to me exclusively for only $500. I only recently purchased a running/riding bike for just over $2k, but it's actually going to get dismantled to rebuild one of the aforementioned projects.
No diseases here. And Gonads are useful for their intended purpose, but they're no substitute for brains.
"When you're Dead, you don't know that you're Dead. It's only difficult for Others.
It's the same when you're Stupid"

mnein

bracket maker

Quote from: Redbird on July 01, 2019, 05:38:26 PM
My projects just sort of come to me, its weird,
This.
Of the three "project bikes" I own, two were freebies given directly to me, and the third was sold to me exclusively for only $500. I only recently purchased a running/riding bike for just over $2k, but it's actually going to get dismantled to rebuild one of the aforementioned projects.
No diseases here. And Gonads are useful for their intended purpose, but they're no substitute for brains.

denial, does not help. its a symptom. lets break it down. you own 4 bikes, only one runs and you plan to use the running bike to fix a project bike. my diagnosis is healthy obsessed.

most of the people here have it under control, but we know we have problems. a person with a self imposed cl ban does it for good reason. cl for this person is like a donut, or pack of newports.

you are in good company everyone on this forum suffers to some extent. I am sick myself. I'd rather wrench than ride. as soon as a project hits the road and the bugs shaken out I'm bored and on to the next. I don't have the will power not to follow my dick. I get hard for any bike with a kick starter, 2t's and front dual leading shoe manual linkage brakes. once I see this part in the basket I'm hooked.

m in sc

well, i have 10, 9 run. the 10th is the grom waiting for a 2 stroke transplant. I have capped my stuff to 5 cars (which also all run 4 of them are over 30 years old or much older), 10 bikes max. But i agree, i like to wrench as much as ride, that's why i own the CB1100 and the concours. both are fun to ride and always run. rule 1 i have learned over the years: always have a push button bike & turnkey car . 2: never daily drive a project

:vroom: :toot:

bracket maker

I only ride my projects, but I know I'm a bit off. thats the thing with restomoding. once done you are modern.

lawnboy

Redbird

Quote from: bracket maker on July 03, 2019, 09:10:27 AMdenial, does not help. its a symptom. lets break it down. you own 4 bikes, only one runs and you plan to use the running bike to fix a project bike.
It's always comedy when you don't know what you're talking about, but you spout it out like it's facts. lol

Who said my projects don't run?
"When you're Dead, you don't know that you're Dead. It's only difficult for Others.
It's the same when you're Stupid"