(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

2 stroke market is still strong

Started by busa1300, October 03, 2021, 09:35:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

busa1300

Just sold today after 100 bids with 5 bidders
Over $13,400 for a 12,000km bone stock VJ23

Thank god they are not parting them all out over there.

RZ350-RZV500R-TZR250RSP 3XV2
RGV250 VJ21 SP/VJ22 SP/VJ23 SP
RS250 for track - KD80 - JR50 for kids
https://youtube.com/@wedgehorsepower9869?feature=shared

RDryan

Is that a high price for that? Seems like a really pristine example. I will say I just noticed a Kaplan Cycles auction last night on Ebay for a really nice reconditioned non stock 1975 H1 500. Not sure if it was numbers matching as the ad didn't specify but the buy it now price was 11,500 dollars. So as of last night there was zero bids but as of an hour ago the opening bid was met at $ 7,500 and two bids later the buy it now was exercised and bike sold for the $ 11,500. I thought it was kinda a high price but just low enough that I guess it would sell at that, such a sweet bike. But no title, not sure if that matters and the odometer stopped working at 7k miles but they did claim a complete motor refresh/overhaul and it was piped, jetted and pod filters fitted. I dunno I think that price may have been more appropriate for a stock example with definite matching numbers and clear title but yeah me thinks a strong two stroke market and another one I let get away. I wanna kawi triple bad but the only ones I really lust for the most are 69 to 72 H1's and of course any h2. 

m in sc

watch for that H1 to make a repeat performance. kaplan bikes have a habit of re-appearing very quickly. I wouldn't buy a refurbished toaster from that guy.   :twocents:

Striker1423

Same problem across the board. The RD's remain stagnant yet the bikes like the H1 deathtrap and GT750 remain high priced. *sigh*

RDryan

Quote from: m in sc on October 03, 2021, 01:25:17 PM
watch for that H1 to make a repeat performance. kaplan bikes have a habit of re-appearing very quickly. I wouldn't buy a refurbished toaster from that guy.   :twocents:

Yeah I thought it was a beautiful bike but on the other hand just a few too many details lacking about it and really kinda big money for it. I'm amazed the auction ended so early, don't think it even last much more than 20 hours so I guess somebody just had to have it.

Kawtriplefreak

People on you tube were kissing up and commenting how wonderful the RD is he is  trying to palm off. I tried to count how many times he said restored in the video. So I am with M in SC. I have yet to see a bike from there that is worth the asking price. I replied with the list of obvious flaws like the black headlight bucket and fork ears,74 sidecover and oil tank decals on a 75 and the louvered trim on the side cover and oil tank sprayed over orange. That one is a $3500 bike on its' best day if they actually did all the stuff he read off of the build sheet.

Hawaii-Mike

Quote from: Striker1423 on October 03, 2021, 05:35:11 PM
Same problem across the board. The RD's remain stagnant yet the bikes like the H1 deathtrap and GT750 remain high priced. *sigh*
RD's are appreciating in value, they're just not at the same level that the Kawi triples are at.  Twenty years ago I was buying RD400's in running condition and ready to fix up for $2,000.  I remember seeing a low mile cherry Daytona Special sell on e-bay for $3,000 and I thought it was a crazy price.

Striker1423

Striker1423

Quote from: Hawaii-Mike on October 03, 2021, 11:18:08 PM
Quote from: Striker1423 on October 03, 2021, 05:35:11 PM
RD's are appreciating in value, they're just not at the same level that the Kawi triples are at.  Twenty years ago I was buying RD400's in running condition and ready to fix up for $2,000.  I remember seeing a low mile cherry Daytona Special sell on e-bay for $3,000 and I thought it was a crazy price.
Yea I suppose that's true. I'm just Wayy to far in debt to purchase what I want. Swallowing my pride and saying that is hard for me lol.

pidjones

I bought a rolling basket case RD400c last year for ~$1500. Put another ~$1k into it (plus my own labor). Still has a slightly dinged front fender and needs the paint a PO put on the wheels blasted off (this winter). SO, could i get my money back out of it? Probably. Do I want to? NO! Having too much fun with it! If the guys putting over $10K into theirs are getting as much fun out of their bikes, good for them. If just to add to a collection of what they have and you don't, it is kind of sad.
"Love 'em all.... Let GOD sort 'em out!"

busa1300

Bid is up to $12,000 and still 2 days to go on this

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/d1008967041

Asking $15,000 on this...no bids yet

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/k1009550177

And then the H2....seriously crazy asking prices....but almost all of them are at this price....Around $42,000

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/o433757526
RZ350-RZV500R-TZR250RSP 3XV2
RGV250 VJ21 SP/VJ22 SP/VJ23 SP
RS250 for track - KD80 - JR50 for kids
https://youtube.com/@wedgehorsepower9869?feature=shared

pdxjim

Seems like the right time and place to ask ...

I made the mistake of riding a friend's KTM 690SMCR over the weekend, and now I gotta have one.

Thus, the fresh restomod '81 RD350LC is going up for sale.

What's a realistic asking price, and what's the best venue to sell?

Bike is here in Portland OR.  Everything has been replaced or refurbished except the paint. 

http://www.2strokeworld.net/forum/index.php?topic=8.0

Wasting time on 2T forums since the dawn of the internet. '89 TDR250, '13 300xcw, '19 690smcr, '56 Porsche 356A

dgorms

Jim, I would think at least 5k, or 4k and one of my BF Vibro Champs  :clint:
rz,r5,ds7,srx,fzr400rr,vfr,cl77,s90, F-7,CL 77, CA-77,ad infinitum

Striker1423

Best place to put it would be the back of my truck! LOL

85RZwade

Jim, if you buy that KTM diesel, I suggest we transplant one of these into it:

So that you don't have to post about it in the 4-stroke blasphemy topic  :Clown: (550 2-stroke > 690 4-stroke)
I post waayyy too much