Deals Gap 2024: Safety 3rd!

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Turn signal advice...

Started by SUPERTUNE, May 17, 2020, 09:49:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SUPERTUNE

Ok it's time to replace the stock oem turn signals on Paul's RD400.
What have you guys done for descent conversion without the big $$ stuff?
I just took them off on my Yellow Screamer 20 years ago...
Don't care if we lose the self cancelling.
Thanks
Chuck
RD machine work, boring, porting, cranks and engine building.

Chuck 'SUPERTUNE' Quenzler III
Team Scream Racing LLC
1920 Sherwood St. STE A
Clearwater, FL. 33765
cqsupertune@tampabay.rr.com

Jspooner

I just search eBay until I find something I like the looks of. They're cheap made in china stuff usually but who cares. I just buy extras so when they quit working or need a bulb or whatever I just swap the whole signal out. Cheap and easy.
"Just quit brain fucking it and get it done"

27 Cycles

Hi Chuck, I took a flyer on this kit since it was cheap and what I was looking for, (small simple lights..) and to my surprise, it's a great little kit.  I hooked it up to an RZ left hand control unit with self canceling and the system works awesome. Blinkers with no battery has become a small challenge but I think I have that figured out.

Anyway, if this fits your criteria, it's hard to beat.  Even comes with cool tiny little green lights for your dash.

economan

Hey Doc.

Moto Gadget, M blaze and pin. a bit pricey, but.  :whistle:  GTMotocycles sells them.  I am going to get a set for my MG Griso.

Organicjedi

m in sc

1976RD400C

'76 RD400 green  '76 RD400 red   '84 RZ350

RDFL

Like Spooner said have him look on ebay vast selection, also look at integrated tail and turn signals.

Gil Gallad

i use led indicators. cheap as chips as we say over here. c/w led relay they work out at less than £20 a set. the only problem is the idiot light. you have to wire 2 led's in it - the long tail ones - one to the left and one to the right. apart from that pretty straight forward and use less power  ;D
cheers, gil.

SUPERTUNE

Wow...some nice advice! I like most of them!!
Now Paul has a big choice.
The marker running lights that Mark got are sweet too. I think the more visibility the better nowadays is always a good thing!
Reminds me of good old Honda 750's!
Chuck
RD machine work, boring, porting, cranks and engine building.

Chuck 'SUPERTUNE' Quenzler III
Team Scream Racing LLC
1920 Sherwood St. STE A
Clearwater, FL. 33765
cqsupertune@tampabay.rr.com

Djg8493

The bar end lights from Thirteen and company were made well compared to many of the ebay ones I have used.  Its a different look but they were made well for the price.
1970 R5, 1975 Rd350, 1978 GT80, 1979 KZ400, 1988 Ysr50, 1990 GSXR750, 2006 WR450 SM, 2006 R6

Frank B

I like the aluminum stalk lights from K&S,Part # 25-8303 for the dual filament , part # 25-8300 for the single filament. The only issue I've had is that they're so small that there's no space around the bulbs and vibration causes the mounting tab on the socket to break then the bulb breaks on the housing.. So I used led panels from eBay with double sided mounting tape after a little grinding for clearance. An electronic flasher from autozone completed it.