Deals Gap 2024: Safety 3rd!

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

First part pulled

Started by soonerbillz, April 26, 2023, 07:57:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

soonerbillz

So the adjuster left and he said I could start clean up.
Here's the very first part I pulled out of the fire wreckage.
This was a perfect R5 oem paint tank.
The fire melted the fuel tap and badges clean off.

kramdua

man sorry about your troubles. that's the problem with fires your stuff doesn't even need to burn to be melted into a pile of junk.
i wish you good luck,
8 year absent.
back in action.
virginia.

Kawtriplefreak

I feel your pain.and have been through it. One thing to remember that the Fire Marshall told me: DONT BE TEMPTEDTO USE ANY OF THE MOTORCYCLE PARTS THAT YOU FIND THAT MAY LOOK SALVAGEABLE. The metal has been super heated and has lost its' temper. It will look OK but will be very brittle. In my shop the heat was so intense that the engines melted and formed a pool of molten aluminum under each bike. The cranks and rods and transmission gears were laying on the frame rails because it didnt get hot enough to melt steel. Imagine what would happen if you used a front axle that looks OK and it snaps the 1st time you hit the brake. Throw the stuff away.

m in sc

wheres the pic tim? man that was nasty  :eek:. I still have the exhaust flange you sent me.   :'(

soonerbillz

Quote from: Kawtriplefreak on April 27, 2023, 04:26:02 PM
I feel your pain.and have been through it. One thing to remember that the Fire Marshall told me: DONT BE TEMPTEDTO USE ANY OF THE MOTORCYCLE PARTS THAT YOU FIND THAT MAY LOOK SALVAGEABLE. The metal has been super heated and has lost its' temper. It will look OK but will be very brittle. In my shop the heat was so intense that the engines melted and formed a pool of molten aluminum under each bike. The cranks and rods and transmission gears were laying on the frame rails because it didnt get hot enough to melt steel. Imagine what would happen if you used a front axle that looks OK and it snaps the 1st time you hit the brake. Throw the stuff away.

I am there man. Totally agree.

Kawtriplefreak

In the computer at home I think. I will check.