Deals Gap 2024: Safety 3rd!

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

I want a sport tourer/adventure bike

Started by RDryan, October 30, 2019, 04:58:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

m in sc

im 47 have had the concours for 2 years. (and it has helibars.. lol). 1200 bandit is a way cooler bike. and you don't have to go with helibars, they got stupid expensive over the years. You can retrofit bar adjusters, we had to do it to derons bike, set em back 2" and golden. (like me hes 5'8")
you wont lose money. throw 1500 at him, i bet he bites.  also, delkevik makes a nice slipon for it.

RDryan

To add more irony to this...so I'm looking further into Boston CL motorcycle ads and see a 17' KTM SuperDuke built to the hilt with add ons. What a monster but at over 15.5k it's big bucks compared to the Bandit. I know they're different bikes in many ways but I'm not sure the KTM would give me 14k more smiles.

BTW a week ago I did see a beautiful Concours recently serviced and well kept with its hard bags. I think it was priced at around 3.5k-4k. You gotta love the added value of older bikes but still great machines if they're well stored and ridden maturely.

I love the new bikes for everything that they are but it's hard to spend all that money at once on one.  :drool:

m in sc

2nd gen concours or 1st gen? if it s 2nd get its a good deal, but they are monsters. and fast as hell, ive ridden them. the 1st gens should never be over 2k, most are around 1500 for a well sorted one.

Mine? was basically free. sort of.

suey1958

I had the Concours 1400 ABS .  I loved it.

RDryan

Just thought I would check in on this thread I started and say to all that put in their two cents, in big words.... I Give You All Mucho Thx cause I wound up pulling the trigger on a 2016 SuperDuke GT. :clap: :vroom: :clap: Put a deposit on it two weeks ago(day before I turned 46) and took possession of it last fri. and just got the insurance and registration for it today.

What can I say about it except its like nothing I have ever ridden. First of all I never owned a bike with side bags and it's the most advanced motorcycle I have ever ridden. It's the newest gas powered anything I own and it's got just too much in terms of electronics. Despite being a big heavy bike the torque is incredible and it's weight disappears quickly with a twist of wrist. Really glad I got this model as it excites me. just as I was gassing the bike for the ride home from the dealer a fella in a Suzuki Bandit pulled up and I took notice. Loved his bike but just feeling bike love in general. This was the bike that had me spending hard earned dollars cause bikes like the bandit came and went with my youth and I needed a bike that would peak my interests. As far as KTM's adventure line goes the dealer had those too and since I don't go off road much it didn't seem to make much sense to get one but as an aside standing at only 5,10 those bikes are too freaking high off the ground for me. Even the GT has me on my tippy toes at a light. Jus say'in.

m in sc

RDryan

Thanks Mark. I mean that sincerely as I can not put that adventure bike lust behind me....I hope. I just wish I had more room for all the bikes I want. For some reason they're all living in my house with me. LOL. Well I don't have to worry about mice eating the wires and I get to enjoy my cold brewskis admiring the toys and such. Today here in Ma. it's a super hot day, a first for our 2020 year summer temps in the nineties. I wanna rider her but I just don't wanna break out in a killer sweat with all my riding gear on.

SoCal250

75 Yamaha RD125B   75 Yamaha RD125B (project)
75 Yamaha RD250B   75 Yamaha RD200B (project)
73 Yamaha RD350     77 Yamaha RD400D   79 Yamaha RD400F  
91 Yamaha TZR250R  89 Yamaha FZR400   05 Yamaha FZ6   
05 Yamaha XT225TC  82 Honda MB5  02 Aprilia RS250 Cup (sold)

RDryan

Quote from: SoCal250 on June 19, 2020, 08:15:40 PM
Congrats on the new ride!  :vroom:

Thank you. What can I say except everything you ever heard about the Superduke is true and much more. This bike is quite the eye opening experience when you really lay into the beans :devil: :taz:  It's funny cause my other two bikes are the 75' rd250b and a 06' gsxr1000 with a full ti force system, power commander and a set of Marvic magnesium wheels. The gixxer is just so super smooth compared to the KTM not to mention light on its feet and much more narrow at the tank/frame and seat. I used to think it a bit bulbous vs. the RD but this KTM seat is a very very wide plank of a saddle not to mention the 6 gallon tank. However it has the standard/dirtbike handlebar much like the RD and has me sitting in a much more civilized manner. Also the torque is so much more so happening in the low rpms vs. the gixxer. This beast gets very front end light thru the first three gears. Not to say the gixxer can't but it won't in ways the KTM will and that's with traction control on which the gixxer doesn't even have. Oh the irony.