Deals Gap 2024: Safety 3rd!

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Worn RZ350 suspension linkage

Started by rz350ypvs, May 21, 2020, 11:20:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rz350ypvs

Has anyone ever rebuilt thier linkage? Mine is worn out at every pivot point. Even the pivot tubes are worn.

thatguy

I replaced a few parts on mine awhile ago but not everything.

I have a set of dogbones around here somewhere. Gimme a shout if ya need 'em.

I just did a quick search and most of the parts appear to be available. Might wanna sit down before you start looking it ain't gonna be cheap.
"Don't be too timid and squeamish about your actions. All life is an experiment." – Ralph Waldo Emerson

85RZwade

It's pretty easy, bearings, dust seals and spacers. Hopefully you don't need any hard parts as mentioned above. I have some of those, too, if you need them.
I post waayyy too much

rz350ypvs

Thanks guys. I will take a look at what i need. Im doing an fz600 swinger swap. I thought maybe someone had got lucky with some mcmaster carr bushings as i remember how expensive oem stuff was. This linkage is so bad the wheel had almost an inch of play up and down lol.

85RZwade

The FZ swingarm installation is pretty straightforward and has been written about a bunch. My experience was that you need to use the FZ middle link and a shock with a greater length than stock or adjustable ride height. I bought a Fox twin clicker around 1990 for my daily RZ, and a second one about a year ago for my project RZ. The 2nd shock cost twice as much as the first!
I post waayyy too much

rz350ypvs

I'm going to try using the fz600 dogbones to the stock rz relay arm with an r6 shock. I have the stuff laying around. I have the option of re doing the top shock mount. The frame is so hacked on i wont feel bad.