Deals Gap 2024: Safety 3rd!

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

She Fired up!

Started by LMS, June 24, 2023, 11:50:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

m in sc

IF you do wind up bending the kicker, remember, bend it as low to the knuckle mount as possible. yields a less severe angle and doesnt look too wonky

LMS

Not sure If I should create another thread, figured I would just add to this. Besides the tach cable that is missing, pretty I'm missing something that holds that collar in place because it spins?
75 RD350 bought 12/22. First motorcycle I have ever owned.

m in sc

LMS

Awesome, thx.
Checked timing, made a cardboard cone to stop light getting in. Tried it without, bike acted wonky as hell. It was set at 2.0. I don't have a dial indicator, used my old sears timing light. Eyeballed it and set it about 2/16's to the right on mark.

m in sc

set it with the trailing side of the alternator rotor line -just- to the left of the housing mark. right now you have it advanced if the rotor mark is to the right of the alternator mark. .02

LMS

Thank god I mentioned this. Okay, here is a pic so I get this straight in my old head. The red mark in this pix is where I have it which I take it is the wrong side?
By the way, this isn't my ignition, I have one of yours.

m in sc

remember, the motor turns the same way as the wheels of the bike. so, that would fire early the way you have it.

this is -approx- 1.8-1.7 btdc,of course not exact but safe.

LMS

Cool, got it now, thx. It's the whole counterclockwise thing that gets me.

LMS

I bought this doohickey on the premises that it would not leak but it weeps. Does anyone know one like this that doesn't?

m in sc

ive had good luck with ones that john at economy sells, not so much with amazon ones.

LMS

The one I bought is a motion pro so I figured it should work pretty well, has pretty good reviews too. Found some Viton O-rings on McMaster, cheap, will try that first, I guess. If not, I might go the metal route, but concerned about the weight and the line sagging after a while, or maybe not?
Thx.

m in sc

im having the same issue with the tzr, but the lines are a whopping 3/8 out of the tank.

Ive had those couplers just fall apart on me, so i went the marine fuel line route for the coupler, all metal but 37 bucks a set. :/

kpke

I have these on my 500 for about 8 years now. No leaks. Shut off fuel when disconnected. I think they are 3/8 but were available in 1/4 and straight. I would have to look up where I purchased them from if you are interested.

https://www.youtube.com/c/KensGarage1
Hord of RZ350's
RZV500 R6 Suspension and Bodywork
R1 LE #158

LMS

Those look like a version of the metal ones I see for sale, frickn expensive. If the new O-ring route doesn't work, I'll go that route. The O-ring on the device now looks too thin, like it has been in the closed position for too long.

m in sc

I am, also like the fact they are 90 degree as well.  :patriot: