News:

Deals Gap 2024: Safety 3rd!

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Recent posts

General Chatter / Re: Look what somebody did to ...
Last post by Evans Ward - Today at 11:41:41 AM
Quote from: m in sc on May 01, 2024, 09:57:18 AMthe number plate/twin headlight things needs to be thrown in a trash compactor.

^^ this ^^
Last post by RDnuTZ - Today at 10:49:59 AM
labels we used to use would be Frankenbike or a "bitsa" with bits of this and bits of that glommed together in a project.
Turning Wrenches / Re: Trimming Needle Jets
Last post by m in sc - May 01, 2024, 11:14:50 PM
it's not necessary to do.
Turning Wrenches / Trimming Needle Jets
Last post by Perattzi - May 01, 2024, 09:34:25 PM
So I'm finally sorting my RD350 after too many years of neglect. I originally built this bike about 12 years ago and has sadly mostly sat in my garage for the last 8-10. Got distracted by Ducatis, Datsuns, dirt bikes, etc. Still starts 2nd kick  :olaf: Pulled apart the carbs for a good clean and ordered new gaskets, float valves etc.
Was revisiting the Dave f mod instructions (did the mod a long time ago) and to check what brass I have in there. Then I came across a pdf's of Dales procedure and older posts here about trimming the needle jet shield part that sticks into the bore of the carb. Lots of different info.
I have 169 P-2 jets and DP7 needles.Pretty sure I never did this bc most instructions floating around don't mention it and by the looks of the needle jet shield, doubt I did that good of a job if I had lol
Does anyone have good info on this? Thanks!
eBay/FB Marketplace/Craigslist watch / RZ parts
Last post by dgorms - May 01, 2024, 08:02:42 PM
Going to look at some RZ parts on F.B. marketplace. Tranny, and a set of cases and some miscellaneous bits.
Prices seem fair, any "caveats" on what to look at?
Turning Wrenches / Re: Best year of USA spec RD35...
Last post by Hawaii-Mike - May 01, 2024, 07:16:53 PM
I'm the opposite in terms of paint colors.  I think the '75 Portugese Orange is the best looking.  However, I had a '74 about 40 years ago and a few years ago I picked up another '74 project (some day I'll work on it).  So I'm fond of the purple color too.
Haus of Projects / Re: TZR250 3XV2 waiting for so...
Last post by busa1300 - May 01, 2024, 03:33:52 PM
Quote from: teazer on June 04, 2023, 04:16:42 PMIt's a beautiful bike and reminds me of a V twin TZ but I don't suppose any parts would cross over even if they were available.

Actually the basic bike is a street version of the 3YL. The crankcases are identical except for the holes drilled for the generator. The SP crank is identical to the TZ except the ends on the 3XV2 are keyed and the 4DP is splined. SP forks are identical to the 3YL 4DP. TZ cylinders will bolt directly on the cases as will basically everything else from a TZ motor.

Have been searching and trying to collect bits for it still. The Yen is way down at the moment so I managed to buy a TZ 4DP 3.5x17 front wheel and a set of 4DP Brembo rotors this week (to go along with the 83mm TZ250 calipers I already have) Still no luck on a 4DP rear wheel....

The 91 3YL.... First v-twin TZ

IMG_6160.jpeg

Last post by kramdua - May 01, 2024, 03:16:39 PM
i can't tell what it is.
Last post by m in sc - May 01, 2024, 01:22:51 PM
i think that also changed mid 74, the single fin vs split fin. IMHO unless you are cutting the head, a bunch, doesn't matter performance wise.   
Last post by rodneya - May 01, 2024, 12:40:33 PM
73 with stock paint looks the best in my opinion.
Unfortunately my 73 does not have stock bodywork after a crash back in 73.

Did the 75 model not get heads with a different fin layout around the inside bolts?