(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Gas tank volume

Started by bheezy27403, October 25, 2021, 10:19:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bheezy27403

bheezy27403

Quote from: m in sc on October 27, 2021, 10:09:45 AM
drain the tank 1st. but that's a common issue. was the tank lined?

It's got a pretty good "sag" in it.  Should I flatten this slack so it's closer to the tank bottom?

m in sc

that wont affect it since fluid always seeks its own level. aesthetically, yeah its a bit much but no problems functionally. are both ends clear and flowing?

bheezy27403

Quote from: m in sc on October 28, 2021, 02:17:42 PM
that wont affect it since fluid always seeks its own level. aesthetically, yeah its a bit much but no problems functionally. are both ends clear and flowing?

Tube was fine.  The nipple out of the tank seems less than ideal which would cause the problem. Is there a screen or filter above it in the tank or can I run something up through it to punch it out?

bheezy27403

m in sc

no screen. just a tube welded tot he bottom of the tank. use a small wire and get it to flow.  welding wire works well, or a small detail 'gun style' brush

bheezy27403

Quote from: m in sc on October 28, 2021, 02:30:33 PM
no screen. just a tube welded tot he bottom of the tank. use a small wire and get it to flow.  welding wire works well, or a small detail 'gun style' brush

How bout weed whacker string? :clap. She flows both sides tube is clear (and shortened) we'll see when she hits reserve next time.  Fingers crossed.  Thanks for the help.

bheezy27403

Quick update. A couple days ago I hit reserve at 85 miles so yesterday I head out armed with a water bottle of gas to see if my inspection and subsequent finding of a slow flow on the right side crossover nipple was the culprit. Remember I only got about 8 miles before she gave up the first time I hit reserve. I rode over near my local non-ethanol station and put some miles on her staying close in case of emptying. I pulled in at 101 on the tripometer with some still in the tank so it seems I have remedied the situation. Thanks for all the help.