This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Looking for a stripper

Started by 85RZwade, December 12, 2021, 04:43:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pdxjim

Blast 'em.

I had my vapor blast guys here in Portland use dry beads on my LC cylinders and they turned out perfect.
Wasting time on 2T forums since the dawn of the internet. '89 TDR250, '13 300xcw, '19 690smcr, '56 Porsche 356A

AAAltered

I had mine blasted years ago, I don't recall the media but it was harsh.  Took lots of polishing to get back the finish.

1971 R5
1976 RD200
2022 Moto Guzzi V7 850 Special

RDFL

Quote from: m in sc on December 13, 2021, 04:36:59 PM
hit em with engine degreaser, throw em in the dishwasher, expect divorce papers.
Or pressure wash in yard and save marriage.

Gil Gallad

i bought a ts250 engine that was plastered in black paint. stripped it down and took it to my local aquablaster. he told me he's have to bead blast it first to get the paint off and then aquablast it. photo's are before and after  :cool:
cheers, gil.

ts250 before:

and after:

Brad-Man

I used glass beads in my blast cabinet...
Toys don't make the man - Man makes the toys.
1974 RD350
1975 RD350/400 project
1985 BMW K100RS

85RZwade

I do have an extra, old dishwasher in the barn that I've thought of turning into a parts washer.   :busey:
I post waayyy too much

Ws76133

When I restored my BMW R100RS, I rubbed Dawn dishwashing detergent on parts and ran them through the dishwasher.  They came out a lot cleaner, but the foam went everywhere, even pushed it's way past the door seal during the wash cycle...

m in sc

wayyyy back i used to use oven cleaner and a coin car wash. just rinse the hell out of it and oil the jugs immediately.

Jspooner

If the cylinders need to be bored I sand blast them first. Our blaster has aluminum oxide in it, works great, just be careful around the gasket surface.
"Just quit brain fucking it and get it done"

85RZwade

These cylinders are bored and ready to be assembled, so I don't want to F that up. Have access to a 3000 psi hot water pressure washer with a rotary nozzle at work, and I know where to get easy-off. Compressed air, oil the boss immediately and a rinse with some surface prep before high-temp black sound like a plan?
I post waayyy too much

m in sc

yup. be dilligent w the bores.

RustyRD

The un used turkey cooker filled with water and dishwashing detergent.   :toot: