Deals Gap 2024: Safety 3rd!

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Rear stand suggestions

Started by MRDRcycle, July 11, 2020, 01:52:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MRDRcycle

Does anyone have a good option for a rear stand for the RD 350? I don't have a center stand anymore and need to change the sprockets and chain. Mine gradually slides up the  swing arm over time and gets in the way. 

Czakky

Do you have aftermarket expansion chambers?

Dvsrd

In some caser (with chambers), using "bungy hook nuts" to replace the original bottom shock nuts, will work just as well as regular swing arm spools and stands.

85RZwade

I post waayyy too much

MRDRcycle

I do have chambers and I have to take them off to use my stand. That's a good idea. I'll check it out. Thanks man!

dugsgms

I made this quick lever type center stand with some tube I had lying around. Drilled holes in the former center stand mounting ears which a 1/2 steel rod passes through, then the stand can come up on the outside of the cambers to lever the bike up. Works from the front or rear but I find it easier to balance the bike if I come from the front. Its now a one handed ordeal to get the rear tire off the ground and using s cheap bottle jack can service the front tire.
1970 BSA Lightning
1975 Yamaha RD350
1975 Honda CB400f
2008 Yamaha WR250R

Czakky

I take an 18" or so 1x2 and slide it under the front of the frame rail for the front wheel and under the swing arm for the rear. Jack stand at the right height and jack on the other side. Piece of cake, solid as can be. It's a little redneck but it works.

JB Weld

Bought this Haul-master from someone for $20 last week. Hoping I can make something of it.

pidjones

Quote from: JB Weld on August 05, 2020, 06:11:17 PM
Bought this Haul-master from someone for $20 last week. Hoping I can make something of it.
It can certainly handle the weight. I use one with spool adapters for my '78 GoldWing.
"Love 'em all.... Let GOD sort 'em out!"

teazer

How was the bike that fell off that stand?

MRDRcycle

I have the same stand - Haul Master. I think I got it from harbor freight for 50$ or so. The rubber covers quickly peeled off and I had to cover them with tape. The tape doesn't grip the bike very well and that's probably why it slides up the swing arm. I covered them with better quality tape and will wipe down the swing arm. I might try gluing pieces of inner tube to them as well. We'll see how it works soon enough.

Organicjedi

I use these cheap Venom stands that I bought off of Amazon. They work well. The fit isn't super secure, but the do the trick.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

pidjones

You can get spool adapters for the Haul Master stands. I made my own spools for one of my GoldWings and it works great on them.
"Love 'em all.... Let GOD sort 'em out!"

JB Weld

I'll have to narrow mine. The stand is as wide as my exhaust.  :umm:

MRDRcycle

I have to take my exhaust off before using it.