News:

Deals Gap 2024: Safety 3rd!

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Recent posts

Haus of Projects / Re: RD350 forever project
Last post by Perattzi - Today at 12:50:42 PM
Quote from: RDnuTZ on Today at 10:38:55 AMbike looks great! What mods were done to the pipes? Cut off the stock enclosed silencers and add exposed stingers + carbon fiber cans?
Quote from: RDnuTZ on Today at 10:38:55 AMbike looks great! What mods were done to the pipes? Cut off the stock enclosed silencers and add exposed stingers + carbon fiber cans?
Yep that's pretty much it! I contacted a pipe builder and basically told them my idea and the pipe dimensions. He gave me safe dimensions for a stinger. Then just cut the old silencer off, ordered some stamped round steel for flanges, drilled the holes, welded the stinger to flanges then pipes. Silencers just bolt on. Do they perform better 🤷 not sure lol. But certainly can't hurt and they look/sound bitchin'
Turning Wrenches / Re: Help with my left cylinder
Last post by rodneya - Today at 12:29:24 PM
Might be worth checking your choke plunger is not leaking. The seal at the bottom hardens and can leak fuel making it run richer.
Show Off / Re: New to the Herd
Last post by rodneya - Today at 12:20:32 PM
That is sweet. Is the colour in the pic accurate?
Cages, Floaters and Flyers / Re: Trailer Rehab
Last post by 85RZwade - Today at 10:40:46 AM

There were late nights preparing for my family's annual trip to the Moses Lake dunes.

The trailer reached a state of "finished enough"

Bikes in place and rock solid

This guy? Doing OK for a fella of a certain age. I can still hang with the younger crowd (mostly) but I am always aware that I have to be able to go to work Monday. Didn't drink enough water yesterday, when it was 87 and learned about heat exhaustion. Such pretty colors...the loons, can you hear the loons?
Last post by RDnuTZ - Today at 10:38:55 AM
bike looks great! What mods were done to the pipes? Cut off the stock enclosed silencers and add exposed stingers + carbon fiber cans?
Last post by RDnuTZ - Today at 10:33:41 AM
I had a 200 electric exactly like that around 1978. Same color, condition. I basically just did maintenance on it and replaced battery. Think I paid $100.00 for it. Owner said it had sat for years (indoors) and they just wanted it gone. It replaced a 1969 125 twin Scrambler I rescued out of a shed. These had the chrome up pipes and bulbous tank with the rubber kneed pads. That 1 also only required basic maintenance and clean-up to run. Think I paid $50.00 for that one around 1975- as I was still in high school, and hand built some rolled cone chambers with internal baffles as my semester project in meatal shop. Used JT-1 60cc specs to make the pipes and welded them onto the existing chrome headers. It was all top end and sounded like a can of angry bumblebees :burnout: Funniest memory on that 1 was I actually got a ticket for speeding, following too close, and unsafe lane change after weaving around a couple people clogging both lanes coming out of a red traffic light  :vroom:  A cop was back aways and made his own illegal maneuvers trying to light me up. He actually was never close enough to me to see any of what he wrote up, but decided I HAD to be speeding to pass those couple cars- but I never passed the speed limit the whole time. I went to court to explain that and the judge blew me off and I had to pay a fine  :bang:
Turning Wrenches / Help with my left cylinder
Last post by RDDave - May 11, 2024, 07:55:08 PM
Stock RD350; The left cylinder consistently runs about 40* cooler than the right. The left cylinder's plug is a little oily and the end of the pipe is oily, too. The right is not oily. The left kills plugs, too. Both cylinders have about 90lbs compression. I've checked them several times and several different ways just to be sure. Points are .013 and timing is 1.80-1.85. Everything seems the same, but clearly something is going on with the left cylinder. The bike starts and runs good so I don't know what else to check. I know the compression is a little low, but again, the thing starts first or second kick every time. Could this be a lower ring problem on that left cylinder? Any help on this would be appreciated. Thanks!
Last post by dgorms - May 11, 2024, 05:24:05 PM
Very nice!
Last post by 2 Smoker - May 11, 2024, 02:56:12 PM
I like your modified DG Chambers, very sweet lookin :thumbs:
Show Off / Re: 1977 RD400E restoration
Last post by Perattzi - May 11, 2024, 01:13:38 PM
🤩 I love the model years with the little plastic tail section. Perfect blend of 70's and upcoming 80's styling. 👏