This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Let't drag mark into another thread

Started by bracket maker, April 22, 2019, 10:51:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bracket maker

Quote from: JA-Moo on April 23, 2019, 12:31:15 PM
LOL, DTT is only good for laugh, for me personally. Flat black spray paint, and french bread seats. :brownseat:

And Any good board will allow most anything related to the board, and civilized discussions. How civilized is up to the mods. The old board, and the new one has been very good about keeping things under control. Well, there were some dust ups on the old board, but that was a long time ago.  And a lot better than the free for alls of yesteryear.

And there will always be differing opinions, how it's handled is what makes the difference between a crap board and a good one.

ddt is not civil. I can take my lumps but they questioned my manhood so I split. I have two girlfriends one is asian. that never happens here. there are no sides, If you read my post you will gain knowledge. if you chose to read my thread you will understand why I rewire. If got most of the 6 to 12 conversions down to just a rewire at the rectifier. I'm fine with the stock harness. I'm fine with leaving what works alone. Ja-moo what I see on ddt is builds that go on for years by the guys who do it the right way. the only thing wrong with the right way is the build threads never end. anyone with talent gets flamed, one person kicks you down then all the rest step on you. then they delete all the dumb ass posts afterwards so you can't tell that there was a shitstorm.

mark the honda twin is not wired right stock. It has some stupid old fashoned single phase wiring with one of the stator wires going to the high beam through the handle bar switch. it has a magnito and it will not run without a battery without a rewire and led's. I want all 3 stators wide open at idle. and hopefully I've saved someones nuts who wants to use a lithium battery with a mechanical regulator. using a battery that blows up when overcharged will blow up on a bike designed to overcharge.

the rewire is a cut and paste on honda twins where the op acts like he wrote the the post. the op screws it up then 50 pages and 10 years pass and no one gets it right except me and you cant see I posted and they complained that I'm a trump supporter? wtf.
HAPPY TO BE HOME, 69-13 FTW,

m in sc

im no fan of DTT, but this really isn't the place to vent about it. I agree, fuck most of those guys. However, thats their house they can do what they want. But, keep that out of here if you don't mind.  :burnout:  :busey:

However, nothing wrong with a split system either. hell, my 2014 grom uses the same setup and runs the headlight on half wave DC, but it works. go figure. (i did change that though to full wave rectified signal so i could run an led headlight without it pulsing at idle).

bracket maker

Quote from: m in sc on April 23, 2019, 01:51:48 PM
im no fan of DTT, but this really isn't the place to vent about it. I agree, fuck most of those guys. However, thats their house they can do what they want. But, keep that out of here if you don't mind.  :burnout:  :busey:

However, nothing wrong with a split system either. hell, my 2014 grom uses the same setup and runs the headlight on half wave DC, but it works. go figure. (i did change that though to full wave rectified signal so i could run an led headlight without it pulsing at idle).

ok
HAPPY TO BE HOME, 69-13 FTW,

pdxjim

Quote from: bracket maker on April 23, 2019, 05:52:41 AM

... I don't think I need to be defended from pdxjim. true I use too many words, and I'll try to take your advise and try to shorten my posts. but if you read my post there is not a big word in it. its all plain english. anyone who actually reads my post can see pdxjims post is stupid. I don't talk like this in real life,

LOL.  I'm just messing with you, and always looking for an excuse to post that Retro/Turbo Encabulator video.

Plus, the fact that electronics goes over my head ain't your fault.

Carry on with your good work.  :cheerleader:
Wasting time on 2T forums since the dawn of the internet. '89 TDR250, '13 300xcw, '19 690smcr, '56 Porsche 356A

retaRD

Quote from: bracket maker on April 23, 2019, 05:52:41 AM

retard, there is no technobabble but they have this one for your post
:bs:

Hey man, just like Jim said...
In my case I've always looked for an excuse to use our old :techno: emoji..
You might have glazed over the fact I said I agree with you.

PS: Fuck DTT.

teazer

Seriously.  This is what has become of this forum.  Slagging off at someone on a different forum at the same time as marking ones' self for sainthood. :help:

I, like many, am somewhat active on a bunch of different forums from DTT to CR.net and a couple of GT750 boards and I don't see too much of that sort of crap on any of them and IMHO, it has no place here either. 

Dtt isn't much better or worse than most others. Some people have strong opinions and that's OK as long as we don't start wasting time slagging off at each other, I'm OK with that.  We don't have to agree with everyone else or start singing Kumbaya together, but we could try to avoid being small minded. 

I liked the no politics policy here because posts stayed on track.  I hope this isn't a sign of the future for this forum. 

m in sc

it's not calm down. it ben being Ben and it's been addressed as well.  we're good here.  :vroom:

:loctite: