News:

Neat little oddball bike, zero info.

Main Menu

Recent posts

Sold for $7,100 on 5/24/24
Figured they would have gone for more.
Haus of Projects / Re: Yamaha SRX/RD Hybrid
Last post by m in sc - Today at 04:06:17 PM
thats a lot of real estate above that motor... you could def add to the fuel tank for more capacity if so desired, or stuff the oil tank down in there. this should be good. the wheels do look great in silver
Last post by 85RZwade - Today at 03:34:22 PM
Makes me want to find an SRX donor chassis
Haus of Projects / Re: Yamaha YA-1 Resurrection
Last post by Bryan H - Today at 02:58:36 PM
Last post by Bryan H - Today at 02:52:32 PM
Warren

Have you seen the Yamaha Communication Plaza's Facebook page ? They're currently advertising YA-1 rubber spare parts for sale (seat / grips etc)
Last post by Yamanatic - Today at 12:44:23 PM
Thanks for the link - sadly there many similar sites that never come up thanks to the commercialization and monetization of Google; I have a Forum website myself, and it has yet to show in direct searches on Google using the name of the site - I've recently moved to using DuckDuckGo or Bing; they list my site and it does come up on page 1 in searches.

I may try a wanted ad for YA-1 stuff, but suspect that what I need is a little old and too far out there. Mainly what I need is Yamaha specific like a lever perch, ignition switch and key, rubber bits like knee-grips and peg rubbers etc.

That site gave me an idea though, I might have something right up their alley to post: my wall-size Mark Brelsford 3D poster from 1973:

Thanks again for the info and link - much appreciated!

Warren
Last post by RDnuTZ - Today at 09:47:11 AM
Nice, I like it! I was always hoping to 1 day do a RD motor transplant into a more modern chassis- but not too modern where they can lose the vintage coolness. Had targeted Kawasaki GPZ305 for the transplant recipient but too many other things sucked up my time over the decades and I'm realizing this will probably never happen  :sad:
to be fair, it is free shipping...
Last post by Robjack182 - May 23, 2024, 11:27:55 PM
Looks great!    How did you prep the metal for painting.    Sandblast, OSPHO, primer?
General Chatter / Re: RIP Frame Maker
Last post by Todd Horton - May 23, 2024, 03:31:40 PM
Sad news, RIP