News:

Neat little oddball bike, zero info.

Main Menu

Recent posts

Show Off / Re: New arrival
Last post by 85RZwade - Today at 06:26:37 PM
Thanks Russ, I knew I could count on you!
Haus of Projects / Re: Yamaha YA-1 Resurrection
Last post by Bryan H - Today at 03:27:47 PM
Try this link Warren. Its a site I follow on FB. Their latest ad for YA-1 parts was only posted 5 days ago

https://www.facebook.com/YamahaCommunicationPlaza

Good luck  :clap:
Last post by SoCal250 - Today at 02:27:32 PM
'79 MX100F
Looks like a fun little project!  :thumbs:
Haus of Projects / Re: Yamaha YA-1 Resurrection
Last post by Yamanatic - Today at 12:32:29 PM
Hey Brian,
Thanks for the pic and heads-up! I heard about 8 years ago that Yamaha was going to do a limited run of the soft-parts kit for the YA-1 (all in white), but I have never been able to find a source except for one dead-end. I searched the several hundred Yamaha groups for the 'Yamaha Communication Plaza' page, and goose-egged. Then I tried a few generic searches with no results. Where did you see the post? ALL the soft parts on my bike are shot or missing. 

The kit was 'supposed' to be knee grips, seat-cover, handlebar grips, and foot pegs. I even tried contacting Yamaha Japan to no avail, and have been checking the Yahoo Japan auction site with no luck. If you could help me find that posting I would be forever in your debt! Well at least a few years.

I do have a copy of the parts book, but it's in Japanese too; the exploded diagrams help a lot.

Warren

Edit: I did find mention of the soft-parts kit on LinkedIn, but it was not optimistic...

"We've recently been getting a lot of requests for YA-1 parts from overseas. We went to a lot of effort to ensure that the colors remain authentic while making the parts with modern materials so they're more durable. We paid a lot of attention to the details and are proud of the results, so we hope they've been put to good use in YA-1s around the world.

*Sales have concluded, but interested parties may contact the Communication Plaza for more information."
Haus of Projects / Re: Yamaha SRX/RD Hybrid
Last post by RDnuTZ - Today at 10:20:37 AM
could also run a pair of crossover up pipes though there  :wink:
Last post by RDnuTZ - Today at 10:13:05 AM
great score! FYI that is a post-1975 MX100- more like 77/78. 1974/75 MX100 was a larger framed bike that had pipe running through the downtubes, bigger wheels, etc. 1974 was Yellow/black and 1975 was White/Red. VINs started with 427.There was also a DT100 enduro through 1976. VINs on that started 437. Yamaha introduced the YZ100C monoshock in 1976 and the MX series was downsized and simplified for kids and beginners. Have Fun!
Show Off / New arrival
Last post by 85RZwade - May 24, 2024, 10:16:12 PM

Just traded a lawnmower for this'75 MX100. I have a couple of people in my life who want to learn how to ride, and I think this will be just right, while still being fun for me!

Let the parts search begin!
Sold for $7,100 on 5/24/24
Figured they would have gone for more.
Haus of Projects / Re: Yamaha SRX/RD Hybrid
Last post by m in sc - May 24, 2024, 04:06:17 PM
thats a lot of real estate above that motor... you could def add to the fuel tank for more capacity if so desired, or stuff the oil tank down in there. this should be good. the wheels do look great in silver