News:

Neat little oddball bike, zero info.

Main Menu

Recent posts

~THE SPEED SHOP~ / Re: Pipe identification Thread
Last post by RDnuTZ - Today at 05:04:03 PM
Quote from: rideitfast on March 04, 2024, 06:11:39 PMHere's a pic of them on the bike when I got it.

length of silencer section reminds me of Bassani's I had on my RD400 back in the day. IIRC mine actually clamped the header to body of pipe at 1st cone  :umm:
General Chatter / Re: Another jetting question -...
Last post by RDnuTZ - Today at 04:58:49 PM
Pump gas or race gas (110 Octane, etc.?) Usually, the builder discusses this with user and how they intend to use the motor and mods tailored for the type of fuel expected. Jetting would be expected to change to harmonize with engine changes. Good Luck!
General Chatter / Another jetting question - rou...
Last post by rdsarefun - Today at 02:01:26 PM
Hello Everyone,
I was looking for some additional feedback regarding jetting.  I posted on here last year and had my bike sorted after correspondence with individuals on this forum.  The bike "was" a 75 RD350 Stock bore with DG pipes,  a K&N filter with a new Y boot and a Dyna S ignition.  I had the carb currently (set up with Dave F mod) 5DP7 jet needle, 169P0 primary needle jet, 30.0 pilot, with 190 mains and the needle clip in center position (#3), air screw 1 turn out from seated. I also added banshee intakes and a crossover tube, 3/8" thick reed spacers. With the spacers, I did not need to cut the ears off the banshee intake, just cleared. The bike was sorted and ran great, just a little tired at 6600 miles on stock bore.  Since then, I acquired another engine from a forum member and sent the top end to Josh at Bill Bune (again a recommendation from a forum member).  I had the following done to the stock 64 mm heads and cylinders I acquired for spare engine per Josh below:

"ProX Banshee pistons. A pair of those are $200. The head we would play it safe and recut the Squish + 2 degrees from the top of the ProX pistons, Then mill for more compression. The cylinders would be "trail ported" Meaning safely raise and widen Exhaust / polish, Raise Transfers, Lower intake, and blend everything in"  - Josh also cut the pistons to be used in this setup.

Prior to putting the new top end on, I replaced the DG's with a set of SS Dogster expansion chambers.  I did not change anything else when i put these on (everything on bike was the same as before), and the performance (seat of pants) was the same as the DG's.

I just got around to putting the new top end on with new setup.  I kept the timing the same as before (need to look at notes for exact value but set with an inductive timing light and it ran great with previous setup). My problem now is that when riding, It ran great until roughly 4K rpm, and then sputtered and popped, could not go above this.  I changed the needle position to # 4 (was # 3) and it seems as if it is getting too much gas as it just bogs and is not happy, could not even ride it in new clip position as needed to give it throttle just to keep running.  I am wondering if I need to up my pilot jet to a 35 or 37.5 with this new machine work done and maybe up the main in addition? Notes from Chuck Q during my last bike (very similar build to where I am now) indicated this pilot jet setting and a 220 main.  Wanted to get some feedback from the group.  As of now it looks nice, but just a garage queen until I get it sorted.  Thanks
Finally time to off my last Beast - tell your friends!

1974 TZ750A - Fully Restored!

I also have everything necessary to un-laydown-the-shocks if someone has the urge; inquire within  :thumbs:

Warren

e8306b3a80239c3e690186d68d0bd633.jpg
Turning Wrenches / Re: Ebay Carb Boots
Last post by m in sc - Today at 11:37:26 AM
yup. see that. like said used wrong search word, no big deal.  :olaf:
Last post by Economy Cycle John - Today at 10:48:31 AM
under the manifold section in fuel and air or use search box at top of screen and search for R5 manifold, will come right up.
Show Off / Re: New arrival
Last post by 85RZwade - Today at 09:46:20 AM
I had to do something about the levers; dinky bicycle brake lever on the right and a brake lever on the clutch perch. As part of my concours restoration, I pulled a clutch perch with lever and a brake lever out of the miscellaneous motorcycle bits box.

I knew the oil tank had gone missing, but wondered about the pump...

Fork seals have fought the good fight

The seat doesn't look right, does it? It feels a little odd when you sit on it, too...

I ordered a set of points and a condenser, and almost ordered a bowl gasket, but it's the same gasket as an RZ350! Those I have on hand, so I can pull the carb and see the evil that surely lurks within.

Turning Wrenches / Re: RD400 carb bodies
Last post by m in sc - Today at 09:02:40 AM
yes
Turning Wrenches / Re: RD400 carb bodies
Last post by gargantua350 - Today at 08:18:57 AM
thx marc. 

I found these carb bodies in my old stash of stuff and didn't know I had 400 carbs.  everything is stipped from it with the exception of the floats.  I am assuming the DF mod is the same for the 400 but I must drill out the brass ball correct? 
Last post by m in sc - Today at 07:39:14 AM
@ John, had a hard time finding these (didn't actually..). I searched for 'intake' though.