Next Year:  May 4-11th.  26th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

RD seats?

Started by soonerbillz, April 12, 2021, 02:40:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

soonerbillz

Kawtriplefreak

Yes depending on the country(s) the bike was built for. Japan requires the safety strap on the seat. I would guess the passenger was supposed to hang onto it. I think some European bikes were equipped this way as well.

m in sc

smaller rds yes. larger ones bolted the strap under the seat. R5's and ds7s went thru a slot in the pan, rd 250/350 73-75 went around the lower seat rail & upholstery.

fyi.. rd 200 seats not interchangeable with 250/350.

AAAltered

That's not an RD200 seat, at least not from a 76 like mine.

It *does* appear to be from a 1971 CS5 200.  Same number of ridges, same thru-bolt...

My 76:

CS5 from the web:
1971 R5
1976 RD200
2022 Moto Guzzi V7 850 Special

soonerbillz

This is why I question everything I see on Ebay.

Striker1423

My replacement cover came with a strap. It was a hard job. Seat did not cover well, and stretched too far back in the front. Oops. Am I fixing it? No lol. The bolts for the strap snapped off, so just to make it work a fender washer and zip screws sufficed. Old rusty junk gets the old rusty treatment.

Would never be listed for sale as original or even restored. The amount of liars selling stuff really irks me. I actually got told by an ebay seller the part I took a picture of as proof they sold me a broken dash told me I took a picture of MY DASH and am trying to scam them. PEOPLE SUCK. End rant.