Deals Gap 2024: Safety 3rd!

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Spec 2 expansion chambers for RD350lc

Started by top-jelopy, June 07, 2020, 08:33:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

top-jelopy

Does anyone have experience using spec 2 pipes on a Yamaha rd350lc  ?  Does spec 2 make them for lC's ?

m in sc

i had  a set for years on my hybrid (4l0 topend) before going lomas. TBH, they were both really good in some ways like the specII pipes better.

I think he does, but mines in an aircooled frame so they were  a bit different there. they work fantastic.

RDFL

Info he sent about a year ago.  "SPEC II chambers have been through 6 generational changes in the last 25 years. All the changes resulted in the widest powerband possible. Peak power is easy to achieve. It is a fight to produce a broad powerband and maintain peak power. And it requires a dyno.

The Classic chambers cost $499.95. There isn't a picture of the RZ Classic Chambers, but, they are similar to the RD400 classics. The F1 chambers which use detachable aluminum sleeved silencers, cost $699.95. Chroming runs $450.00 more per set on the Classics. A little more for the F1 model if you want to chrome the silencer. The chambers are shipped unpainted. Though, I do supply a can of paint.

The RZ350 requires a Jet Kit ($64.95) when used with the Y-boot Filter Kit($74.95) and expansion chambers. The standard needle is too lean. This tends to result in engine failure when running at high speed. Another benefit of the Jet Kit is the RZ350 runs better and produces more power.

Expansion chamber prices are $499.95 to $699.95 depending on the model. See below. See dyno chart at end of pictures."

"

top-jelopy

Thanks for all the info , here is the thing ... I have a set of spec 2's  (now as pictured) , they were intended for a 1977 rd400 which I am in the midst of finishing , last weekend I bought a 1981 rd350lc , I still have to pick it up this weekend , I was wondering if those pipes will bolt up without too much effort to the Rd350lc , thoughts ?

m in sc

the mounting will be way off. however, ive seen it done.

85RZwade

That's a shame. You can keep them at my house and I'll make sure they eat right and get plenty of exercise  :whistle:
I post waayyy too much

robakun

I have a pair of LC spec2 pipes that I will be getting rid of at some point in time soon.  Located in Southern California

85RZwade

I post waayyy too much