Deals Gap 2024: Josh performing parking lot maintenance

Next Year:  May 4-11th.  26th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Photo Hosting...

Started by AAAltered, April 19, 2020, 08:41:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AAAltered

Help.  Photobucket is a mess, and I have a ton of pics there, with many linked to the forum.

1) can I link from my Google Photos, Amazon Photos or ICloud?  How?  I have all my pics also hosted in Google and could use ICloud or Amazon.  I have tried using the [img] thing with iCloud and Amazon links but they don't display.

2) where do most people host their pics these days for the forum?

3) is it even possible to successfully move my stuff from PB to a new host?  Anyone done it?  Tips?

1971 R5
1976 RD200
2022 Moto Guzzi V7 850 Special

RDFL

Imgur no waiting forever to load site or upload pics instant.

pdxjim

I use imgbb.com

Free, works great, easy interface ... no complaints

Wasting time on 2T forums since the dawn of the internet. '89 TDR250, '13 300xcw, '19 690smcr, '56 Porsche 356A

AAAltered

Indeed...testing
1971 R5
1976 RD200

m in sc

yup, looks good. ^

regarding photobucket, i had to do a mass download last year, was a HUGE pain in the ass, found an add-on that allowed . me to pull down most of them back to the hard drive.

im 99% sure this is what i used:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-album-downloa/jmpbbfglflhdhbmimlcacoojpkeopelc?hl=en

thatguy

After phukbucket decided to screw the internet I've been using SmugMug,a pay site. No hassles,speedy and other perks.

My '80 YZ465
"Don't be too timid and squeamish about your actions. All life is an experiment." – Ralph Waldo Emerson

SUPERTUNE

I never used screwme bucket, when they started charging and dropping hosted pics I was happy I didn't go that path.

Way back I found ImageEvent and was a bit of a pain in the beginning, it's not so bad now 10 years later and now all the way up to the unlimited pay status at $79 year. Just never looked for another as I didn't want to mess with all the links and stuff, so I just kept upgrading when I hit my limits as I started at $19.95 year.

Here's a pic of Art's finished Daytona Special RD400
Chuck

RD machine work, boring, porting, cranks and engine building.

Chuck 'SUPERTUNE' Quenzler III
Team Scream Racing LLC
1920 Sherwood St. STE A
Clearwater, FL. 33765
cqsupertune@tampabay.rr.com

m in sc

fwiw, i deleted my PB account right after that.

Since i host this site on go-daddy, i use the storage there now, its cheap to just host storage on GD, started doing that with the work website 1st, never had an issue.

AAAltered

I think I found my issue with PB:

Total Files Uploaded
Storage Used
3.3 GB (13.07%) of 25.0 GB
Bandwidth Used
2,147.48 MB (NaN%) of 25.00 MB

Somehow, they claim I've used *2.1GB* of bandwidth, with an allowance of 25 MB.  That, of course is total horse crap.  My little research into the matter finds that there is no way I used that much bandwidth, and there is zero transparency from them on how they calculate it.  I paid for the lowest tier plan last May, I won't be re-upping although that will screw all my old links from yesterday backwards.
1971 R5
1976 RD200

m in sc

i had about as much as you on there, like said, took a  while, but i got them all down.  :twocents:

Economy Cycle John

Linked from my FB page. Yeah Photo bucket is a true mess, bunch of stuff from the old tech library there I need to move.

www.EconomyCycle.com - RD/RZ Parts, Services, Tools, Accessories & Swag

AAAltered

I have to fire up an old laptop and see if I can use the Chrome downloaded.  It doesn't work on an IPad that I can see...
1971 R5
1976 RD200

SUPERTUNE

Quote from: Economy Cycle on April 20, 2020, 12:09:13 PM
Linked from my FB page. Yeah Photo bucket is a true mess, bunch of stuff from the old tech library there I need to move.

Good looking engine build you go going on there John...Are those Vapor Blasted cases also?
Chuck
RD machine work, boring, porting, cranks and engine building.

Chuck 'SUPERTUNE' Quenzler III
Team Scream Racing LLC
1920 Sherwood St. STE A
Clearwater, FL. 33765
cqsupertune@tampabay.rr.com

Gil Gallad

i've used postimage for ages. free and dead easy to use. now they've just introduced a premium account. site is full of adverts and they use cookies, which they didn't used to. all my photo's are still on my hard drive somewhere, or an sd card, so  no problem if the site decides to go t1ts up  8)
cheers, gil.

gt350 [347cc] engine:

AAAltered

An update on the Chrome downloaded extension...

I fired up an old XP laptop that already has perhaps 10,000 photos on it.  It actually works pretty good, considering it's age. 
- I installed Chrome.  It works, but says "unsupported for updates on XP".
- I paid $1.99 for the extension.  The downloaded button appears now in Chrome.
- I created and directed a folder for the downloader.
- I tried downloading an album.  After about 12 hours I got a 'Symantec' error message.
- I shut down, restarted, and disabled all AV to attempt to get past this last failure.
- I tried several albums, including one with only 1 picture in it.  Hitting the download button says "beginning download of pictures 1-100" but nothing every really happens.
- Nothing ever gets created in the download folder.
- I emailed the developer (in Hong Kong) but haven't seen a reply.  Other blog entries say he/she doesn't reply.  Also many report the extension works fine, many report it doesn't work.

I suspect it has to do with the ancient XP platform, but I don't really know.  It's pretty much my first experience with Chrome so I am dead-ended now. 

One thing I thought of is that PB May be blocking my download.  I assume they are watermarking my pics because I am "Over Limit on Bandwidth" so they may also be preventing my download.

I looked at the account, it's paid through May 31.  The Bandwidth number didn't change with my two days of trying to download.

I am tempted to pay them *one month* for the next tier of service ($7.99 I think) to see if that frees up my hostage pics....

What a cluster.  The amount of bad PR out there on PB is staggering,  it's amazing that they are still hanging on at all.

Ideas?
1971 R5
1976 RD200