Deals Gap 2024: Safety 3rd!

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Coffee

Started by sav0r, September 11, 2020, 09:49:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sav0r

Thanks! I am going to grab some fresh coffee at one of the roasters in the next few days. I'm looking forward to some espresso! I used to grab coffee all the time pre-covid, but working from home has kind of ruined that since I don't really go out as much.
www.chrislivengood.net - for my projects and musings.

Halmic

Quote from: sav0r on December 10, 2020, 10:00:34 AM
I went for it. My old lady gave me the thumbs up last night, not that I really care in this instance, but we were talking about putting the final touches on our bar addition and she agreed that it would be an awesome setup for that. Now I need to come up with a grinder lol.

My wife also told me to buy a lathe last night. She's asking for trouble.

The Breville Smart Grinder Pro is the perfect companion for your Bambino!  And as I mentioned in an earlier post, go ahead and order a non-pressurized basket, 54mm if I remember correctly.

sav0r

The machine is lost in the mail currently...

sav0r

The Bambino finally arrived and I made my first espresso's with it. Excellent! I really couldn't be happier!

Once I get my technique and grind under control I'm really going to make excellent espresso with a push of a button. Hell, the first try produced coffee better than I have bought on many occasions. It's hard to believe how easy it is. It's faster than my pod machine with only slightly more fussing. And I get coffee while social distancing, so it's a win!

50gary

French Roast (from Henry's House of Coffee in San Fran / whole beans) made in a French press for 35 years.  Never fails, perfect every morning, I'm lucky we have very good water here in Michigan.  I keep the press parts  clean with my ultra-sonic cleaner.  Some day I'll bite the $$ bullet for a Pavoni Lever machine, the gold standard for Espresso.
  Cheers, 50gary
  Edit; Merry Christmas.

Halmic

Quote from: sav0r on December 19, 2020, 04:19:54 PM
The Bambino finally arrived and I made my first espresso's with it. Excellent! I really couldn't be happier!

Once I get my technique and grind under control I'm really going to make excellent espresso with a push of a button. Hell, the first try produced coffee better than I have bought on many occasions. It's hard to believe how easy it is. It's faster than my pod machine with only slightly more fussing. And I get coffee while social distancing, so it's a win!

It is amazingly fast, the Oracle Touch takes forever to warm up.  Are you using a pressurized or non-pressurized basket?

pdxjim

If you power it up before you grind the beans and fill the basket, there is no waiting.

Maybe 15-20seconds and it's ready to go.
Wasting time on 2T forums since the dawn of the internet. '89 TDR250, '13 300xcw, '19 690smcr, '56 Porsche 356A

Greaser Greg

My wife puts coffee grounds and some other goop in a jar and uses it in the shower to keep her butt and things smooth and soft. It works really well, and smells great, too! :drool: :whistle:   :twocents:
Every day above ground is a good one.
'71 R5B "Rusty"  '71 R5B "Decaf"   '99 KZ 250
'97 XL1200S "The Vibrator"   '08 XL1200N  "Greenie" (totalled)
'78 CB750F "The Skunk"   '74 CB550 "Blackie"    '78 Honda Hobbit