Deals Gap 2024: Josh performing parking lot maintenance

Next Year:  May 4-11th.  26th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

What did you do to your 2T today?

Started by pdxjim, July 07, 2019, 02:19:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pdxjim

Played with TDR250 reed cages and files.

Since I've been running the stock 31year old reed petals, and there are no aftermarket reed cages to fit the 1KT motor, I had my friend Martin Johnson (Martin77) cut a set of his CF reeds and send me some tips on modding the stock cages to flow a bit better.

I'll be going back to stockish jetting (been at 230 main will go back to 210.  upping pilot one step to 22.5 from 20).

Zeel CDI is on order.

LC is at Garrett's getting a set of his pipes.

Should be a fun summer.  Looking forward to a bit more power out of the ol' TDR.
Wasting time on 2T forums since the dawn of the internet. '89 TDR250, '13 300xcw, '19 690smcr, '56 Porsche 356A

lawnboy

Got sent home because of the "shelter in place" status in the Bay Area so I re-wired the HPI stator to run without a battery. Thanks M in Sc. Pulled the old ignition off and got the HPI in place. Need to get some hardware to mount everything still and find the locations to mount the other bits in the kit. Beer:30 now so I'll clean up the shop and run around tomorrow for hardware Ace will be open. Should be nice to get out n ride around town with fewer shitty drivers on the road. Then hopefully back to work thursday .

Kawtriplefreak

Rode the RZ then the H2. Fun was had wheelies were pulled. Speed limits were ignored. :metal: :metal: :metal:

lawnboy

More "shelter in place " work on my basket. Couldn't find 7mm hardware to mount stator but finished up wiring and got it mounted temporarily. Found the rotor has no markings to set timing tho.   

m in sc

there should be a line in the chrome rotor.

its faint, but there.

there theres marks on the backing plate as well.

SUPERTUNE

Yes, should be markings for timing as Mark said.

Did you look at my HPI install pics?
Chuck
RD machine work, boring, porting, cranks and engine building.

Chuck 'SUPERTUNE' Quenzler III
Team Scream Racing LLC
1920 Sherwood St. STE A
Clearwater, FL. 33765
cqsupertune@tampabay.rr.com

pdxjim

Got a first coat of paint and BBQ cure on my EE "stage 2" ported LC cylinders.

Will hit them with a second coat of PJ1 Fast Black tomorrow then pass them back off to Garrett to finish the bore.
Wasting time on 2T forums since the dawn of the internet. '89 TDR250, '13 300xcw, '19 690smcr, '56 Porsche 356A

Dvsrd

Quote from: lawnboy on March 18, 2020, 10:13:25 PM
More "shelter in place " work on my basket. Couldn't find 7mm hardware to mount stator but finished up wiring and got it mounted temporarily. Found the rotor has no markings to set timing tho.
I'd use a dial gauge anyway, and use a sharpie to make marks at the desired timing.  :twocents:

lawnboy

These are the only marks I can find. Nothing on the side or the top. Do i just transfer them up the side for visibility?

m in sc

hows he going to know where it triggers? its internal. lol.  Im not sure what to say, mine for sure had a line on it.

m in sc

just pulled the cover and took this. yup. I highlighted with paint at the time.

lawnboy

Hmm. The 2 marks on mine seem to be at 1 o'clock and 11 o'clock of your mark relative to the HPI engraved on the face of the rotor. Anyway I've run out of brick and mortar stores trying to locate the 7mm bolt to mount it to the crank. Gonna have to get it online. Need hardware to mount the stator to the plate still too.

AAAltered

Sorted and cleaned parts prior to sending out for chrome:

1971 R5
1976 RD200
2022 Moto Guzzi V7 850 Special

m in sc

rode 2t grom to work today.  :devil:

the looks on peoples faces from what they hear coming to what they see roll by is great.

Kawtriplefreak