Deals Gap Parking lot triage, looking at sunroofed #2:

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Vintage off road 2 strokes

Started by soonerbillz, January 01, 2020, 01:38:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

soonerbillz

Pretty new to 2strokeworld.. though I'm sure I once belonged to the old site.
I see a lot of the content is geared towards RD platform bikes.. which is awesome! But I love vintage 2 stroke off road bikes too!
My love affair mostly is around vintage Yamaha enduros. I have several in project stage ranging from 100cc to 360.
I'll hopefully have a couple finished this spring and make headway on the other soon.
Anyone else into these bikes?

jradnich

I've got a 74 DT250 with a MX360 engine, forks and rear suspension in it. I've saved the stock DT parts in case I ever want to go back stock. Also a Suzuki TS250 that's getting a RM500 upgrade if I can ever find time to finish it.
Vintage Yamaha enduro is a good forum for endure and MX bikes. But the thing I like about this forum is even though it's primarily Yamaha twins, the  members are more open minded about other models and brands. And there's a lot of good info here.

soonerbillz

Sure.. sounds like yer a fan.
Been on yamaha enduro page for years.. good stuff and a heavy following on FB too.
I'm liking this page more and more for the reasons you stated.. helps I have those new to me RD  projects too..lol!

pdxjim

Welcome in!

Everyone loves pic, right?

Here are a few pics of the DT/RT360 we built for the 2017 Bol d'Oregon 6hr Endurance race.

Wasting time on 2T forums since the dawn of the internet. '89 TDR250, '13 300xcw, '19 690smcr, '56 Porsche 356A

John Ritter

Hey Sooner, I probably ported a couple hundred enduros over the years with the majority of them Yamahas.

racerclam

Hi Guys , Im here so im going to introduce my self . Im a huge vintage fan with many of my own . I may be able to help some of you guys with what I do . Please check out my web site  richstaylordporting.com  I specialize in two stroke porting and carb work . I look forward to talking with some of you.

Rich

John Ritter

.....  richstaylordporting.com

Rich and I have talked before and I am aware of some of his work on bikes for trail, on and off road track, Bonneville etc.. He is a capable porter and builder from what I understand. John Ritter

soonerbillz

Here's a 70 AT1 125 I'm restoring now.

racerclam

I like it . Here is a 1978 DT175 that I resto modded  from a not running pirce of crap to a custom runs like a 250 trail bike

Rich

racerclam

I cant figure out how to post a picture , It keeps telling me  my file is too big ?

Rich

m in sc

needs to be under 850k per image. If its too big, resize it.  :twocents:

pdxjim

Quote from: racerclam on January 02, 2020, 11:37:31 AM
I cant figure out how to post a picture , It keeps telling me  my file is too big ?

Rich

Just put the pic url from your website in your post here.  Easier than resizing

... and what's up with the dual reed blocks?  That really has me baffled?
Wasting time on 2T forums since the dawn of the internet. '89 TDR250, '13 300xcw, '19 690smcr, '56 Porsche 356A

pdxjim

*deleted double post*

racerclam

Looks like a picture finally posted , but still wont accept the whole bike pics , I dont know about resizing and url stuff  8o(   any way it dont have two reed blocks  , the v force 4 is the actual reed the vforce 3 is just used as a spacer  to get the reed tip away from the re angled boost port .

Rich

Yamaha 179

In 1969 I was stationed at Camp Zama, Japan, and bought a DT1.  Just before I shipped out of there in October I bought a GYT kit;
cylinder, head, piston, carb, and pipe.  I rode it in the woods of Georgia until I got transferred to El Paso, TX, and discovered desert riding/racing.  Raced it for almost a year out there and it was great!  Curnutt shocks, 21" front wheel, special fork springs, and the GYT kit made the bike a winner.  Sold it when I went to RVN.  Big mistake. 

My neighbor recently gave me a 1974 RT 360 that I got running but needs help.  If any of you guys want to exchange RT info/help/parts for the same on RDs get in touch with me. 
Lyn Garland