Deals Gap 2024: Safety 3rd!

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

1974 Suzuki T500 Titan Cafe - BaT - Montana

Started by SoCal250, May 20, 2020, 11:45:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoCal250

75 Yamaha RD125B   75 Yamaha RD125B (project)
75 Yamaha RD250B   75 Yamaha RD200B (project)
73 Yamaha RD350     77 Yamaha RD400D   79 Yamaha RD400F  
91 Yamaha TZR250R  89 Yamaha FZR400   05 Yamaha FZ6   
05 Yamaha XT225TC  82 Honda MB5  02 Aprilia RS250 Cup (sold)

RDFL

I guess he wants squirrels to know when he's braking.

Czakky

Wholly holee. I dig it, besides the over abundance of speed holes.

The chambers by my un-educated eyes look very tame. Right?

Aesthetically cool though.

m in sc

chambers look like jemcos. good pipes.

the speed holes are.. weak at best.  :whistle:

IR8D8R

Yes that tail light is way out of place. Looks like it came off a trailer. No pics of the back to be sure. Guess it's easy to see if it's working.

I really like the looks of this bike though. @$3700.

IR8D8R

Jspooner

I'd get rid of the boat trailer tail light and put some kind of a front fender on it, otherwise I like it. Don't care for the speed holes either but not the end of the world.
"Just quit brain fucking it and get it done"

so-cal-sdr200

This gentleman has a boat load of exotic bikes. He posts fairly often on the WERA forums.
Thinning the herd.
cheers, Jeff

85RZwade

I'm OK with the holes, but I just don't dig fork gaiters on street bikes. I grudgingly leave them on my dirty bikes because I recognize the utility, but I don't mind cleaning fork tubes now and then. So off with the gaiters and replace the taillight and it's a sweet ride!
I post waayyy too much

m in sc

the gaitors are stock, they have external springs on top of the forks. (mine does too). I don't like them just for aesthetics though, like on cb750's. LAAAAME

:toot:

RDFL

What gets me usually when you see those ugly gaiters on bike it has no or tiny ineffectual front fender.

85RZwade

Ugh. I can appreciate the no fender look from a flat track perspective, say for a show bike, but I want one on my stree-ridden bikes. Most of them have radiators that need some protection.
I post waayyy too much

oxford

I'm fine with the holes in the chain guard, the holes in the heads are so so, that speedo mount looks awful though.

I have the same speedo in a different configuration.  Here is the mount I made for comparison.

85RZwade

That piece is perfect in every way...but it'll have to do  ;D
I post waayyy too much

Jspooner

Quote from: oxford on May 22, 2020, 11:11:08 AM
I'm fine with the holes in the chain guard, the holes in the heads are so so, that speedo mount looks awful though.

I have the same speedo in a different configuration.  Here is the mount I made for comparison.

Looks pretty similar to mine.
"Just quit brain fucking it and get it done"

RDFL

Spooners with 2 places for head temp gauges instead of the 1 water would be great for AC's.