Deals Gap Parking lot triage, looking at sunroofed #2:

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Repro Crank

Started by RDFL, September 16, 2020, 05:53:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

forexer

I haven't tried it yet but I like it - hopefully the RD400 crank will be next $600-$800 for a rebuilt one always seemed kind of steep to me

Striker1423

Hmm. No, but I did try the Vito's crank and it was fine. Another one for the competition isn't a bad thing though. But... is that just a bolt they stuck in the stator end of the crank? Or is that a threaded end of the crank? Cause, that wouldn't be right.  :eek:

RDFL

m in sc

thats from the same place in the uk i got my new lc crank. very happy with it.  quality. 

bitzz

The alternator end looks to me to have  a threaded stud like a later RZ.
I wonder what taper it has. The RZ taper is different from the RD.

And it has bearings with drilled in "pips" on the two center bearings, but very Yamaha looking "pips" on the outside bearings.

m in sc

the picture shows an lc crank. id message him for an actual pic of what hes selling.

1976RD400C

If they advertise it as a RD350A/B you would think they should show a pic of one of those.   :umm:
'76 RD400 green  '76 RD400 red   '84 RZ350

m in sc

i messaged him for clarity. Lets see what he says.

QuoteHi,

you have an LC crankshaft pictured in your ad. Do you have a picture of the air-cooled RD250/350 crankshaft you are describing? that crankshaft will not work in a set of air-cooled 250/350 cases without some serious modifications. I know, because i have done it. Just looking for clarity as are a few others. http://www.2strokeworld.net/forum/index.php?topic=2464.0

thanks! -Mark

as an fyi, heres the lc crank in aircooled cases. not a mod for the faint of heart. the upside is you can run a banshee ign.

downside it you have to deal with the longer crank end on the rh side and doghouse a cover on both sides. the ign side needs pickup clearance.

quocle603

With the RZ/LC, you can run a battery less system with that ignition too it seem with the magneto stator.
Do not underestimate the power of a two-stroke.

1975 Yamaha RD350 (modified), 1973 Yamaha RD350 (stock), 1971 Suzuki T500, 1981 Yamaha XS650 HS2, 1982 Honda MB5, 1980 Puch Maxi, 1979 Puch Magnum, 1993 Tomos Bullet, 2003 Malaguti Firefox F15 LC

m in sc