Deals Gap Parking lot triage, looking at sunroofed #2:

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Really nice 75 Suzuki T500 $3200

Started by IR8D8R, October 09, 2020, 08:41:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IR8D8R

I'm tempted to get this one myself. It's really clean and the price is very fair.

https://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/mcy/d/kennesaw-1975-suzuki-t500-titan-2/7200637288.html

Not my bike etc.

Would look great parked in line at the Gap.

IR8D8R

Evans Ward

A very nice example priced fairly! One would be hard pressed to find a nicer example at that price.
1984 Yamaha RZ350
1976 Suzuki GT750
1972 Kawasaki H2 750 Mach IV

rodneya

Nice looking bike, but it would take some getting used to kicking it on the wrong side.

I still dont get how the US registration system works. If it has a Vermont license plate, why could the owner not just register it where he lives. If I had a plate registered to a different province, or even different city, after 3 months my insurance would be void. Registration needs to be at the address you live and the address where the vehicle is mainly parked must be included.

85RZwade

I doubt my ability to explain the US registration system, but were I to buy that very nice Suzuki, I'd need to take the Vermont title to the Auditor's office in my county and transfer it to a Washington title. I'd get a title, a registration (both paper documents) and a license plate, all free... :busey: KIDDING! Washington would charge me brutally for these services without so much as a kiss. However, due to this bike's age, I could get a collector plate that does not require renewal, ever. We have one on my wife's '71 Plymouth Duster.
I post waayyy too much

rodneya

Quote from: 85RZwade on October 11, 2020, 05:21:00 PM
I doubt my ability to explain the US registration system, but were I to buy that very nice Suzuki, I'd need to take the Vermont title to the Auditor's office in my county and transfer it to a Washington title. I'd get a title, a registration (both paper documents) and a license plate, all free... :busey: KIDDING! Washington would charge me brutally for these services without so much as a kiss. However, due to this bike's age, I could get a collector plate that does not require renewal, ever. We have one on my wife's '71 Plymouth Duster.

I own a trailer in Whatcom County, so Ive been through the Washington DVM as well as registering for property taxes.

IR8D8R

In Vermont you can register a vehicle (motorcycle) older than 15 years by filling out a few forms. No title is required. Titles are not issued for motorcycles older than 15 years or under 300cc.

The forms are available online and there is a handy wizard to guide you through the process:
https://appengine.egov.com/apps/vt/DMV/requireddocumentswizard.
1) VT-119 Tax and Title Application.
2) VT-005 Bill of Sale/Odometer Declaration.
Mail them in with a check to cover the fees. There is a tool to help you figure that out. It's $96 for 2 years for motorcycle. ($165 if it is not gas or diesel powered. [Does this include electric?]). They will mail your Vermont license plate and registration certificate to the address on the forms.

It is easier during the Covid pandemic because the requirement to verify the VIN is waived. It is not required to verify the VIN on 500cc or less. (Sorry H2 and GT750 owners). But. You can take it to your local police and have them verify, run the plate, and fill out the form if it is not exempt.

You do not have to be a Vermont resident. From what I can tell you never have to go to Vermont or have the bike present in that state at any time. If you feel like having a motorcycle registered in Vermont it's your right wherever you happen to be.

Then you take your Vermont registration to the DMV in your home state and apply for a title and registration.
Your DMV can't argue because everything is proper. Depending on your state laws and how they are enforced or not you could continue to drive with VT registration and renew every 2 years. Until some smarty pants cop pulled you over and decided to make things harder. Some states require you to register vehicles within 90 days of relocation which could result in a fix-it ticket and having to register locally anyway.

I have not done this myself but I heard it described and walked through the online process. Seems simple enough.

IR8D8R

quocle603

I currently have one of those. As well as 2-3 engines. 3 frames and other items.

I finally got to ride mine for the first time since the rebuild. Def a different animal compared to my RD but we will see if it will be something I keep.
Do not underestimate the power of a two-stroke.

1975 Yamaha RD350 (modified), 1973 Yamaha RD350 (stock), 1971 Suzuki T500, 1981 Yamaha XS650 HS2, 1982 Honda MB5, 1980 Puch Maxi, 1979 Puch Magnum, 1993 Tomos Bullet, 2003 Malaguti Firefox F15 LC

m in sc

that is the exact model i was looking for when i bought mine 3 yrs ago. color and everything.  :bang:

best way to describe a t500: its dead in the middle of an rd350 and a sohc cb750. 

Keep in mind, they were designed to compete with nortons/triumphs of the mid to late 60's, hence why they look like they do and are a mile long. you can get them to scream, but thats not the intent. 

i rode a noice early bike at the gap in august, with chambers. was not impressed w the performance for the 800 he spent on them. I could prob outrun it on a stock bike or be dead even.

However, i have ridden a really well built and one as well, and it was a rocket, really really good.  They are def unique, but id take one of those anyday over a GT550.