News:

Mat Oxley 1986 IOM TT

click above to read more about Mat.

Main Menu

What to do now!

Started by dgorms, October 09, 2022, 07:05:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dgorms

I wish I had someone to just say "NO". Definitely keeping the paint!
rz,r5,ds7,srx,fzr400rr,vfr,cl77,s90, F-7,CL 77, CA-77,ad infinitum

teazer

What is the motor and what's the story?

m in sc

full assessment and have at it  :olaf:

dgorms

Picked it up from a friend that road raced for 40+ years (natl. no 74), he realized he'd never get around to it and knew I would buy just about anything Yamaha! It's an R5 frame with a 75 RD 350 motor. It has all the "period" correct low budget hot rod stuff. The rear sets are pieces of art constructed by Fred Flinstone. The fairing and pipes are what sold me. The patina and style are perfect for my intentions(think hooligan, prolly not really street legal) The pipes look like early DG's. The RD60 tank is just a trial fit. Got a few projects in front of this. As always, any crazy ideas will be contemplated!......................................D :metal:
rz,r5,ds7,srx,fzr400rr,vfr,cl77,s90, F-7,CL 77, CA-77,ad infinitum

m in sc

yeah id skip the rd60 tank. rest is awesome

The Red Scourge

That's the kind of thing I couldn't pass up either!  Post up some more picture when you get chance.
'76 Yamaha RD400C
'71 Kawasaki G3SS
'88 Honda CBR400RR
'90 Yamaha FZR400/600 hybrid

teazer

Fairing is a copy  (or original) TD1C I think, so that's always a good place to start. Tanks probably has to go but any hot rod RD350 has to be a good place to start.

DaytonaCafe

Quote from: dgorms on October 09, 2022, 07:05:16 PM
I wish I had someone to just say "NO". Definitely keeping the paint!

Would you like for me to record a montage of my wife screaming "NO!" at me the hundreds of times she's done so & and send it to you? She's Italian & super, super sweet right up to the point I try to buy another bike! The "NO!" is always forceful & angry. Probably not as effective though since you don't have to live with her after you buy it anyway.  :celebrate:

I'm just jealous. That bike looks like a badass project & my crap is on hold until I get some household projects sorted. :sad:  Great find!!

m in sc

AAAltered

1971 R5
1976 RD200
2022 Moto Guzzi V7 850 Special

Mgmark

She will give up eventually, or maybe not.....
'75 Yamaha RD350
'75 Yamaha TZ750
'19 Triumph T100
'80 Moto Guzzi SP1000