(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Webco copies

Started by rodneya, November 17, 2022, 01:45:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rodneya

Not cheap

m in sc

and not worth it. Out of india.... no thank you.  i saw that. the rprd ones are better and made in usa. (see below)

rodneya

I would not actually want to buy a set. I can just imagine how much quality control went into making those.

But there is somebody out there making copies of just about anything at the moment.

SoCal250

for cheap knock offs they certainly aren't giving you a deal. (US $920!)
75 Yamaha RD125B   75 Yamaha RD125B (project)
75 Yamaha RD250B   75 Yamaha RD200B (project)
73 Yamaha RD350     77 Yamaha RD400D   79 Yamaha RD400F  
91 Yamaha TZR250R  89 Yamaha FZR400   05 Yamaha FZ6   
05 Yamaha XT225TC  82 Honda MB5  02 Aprilia RS250 Cup (sold)

m in sc

if they were like 250, i might get a set and recut the domes and try them on like, the r5 or something. 900 bucks is ludicrous.

and not the fun kind.

rodneya

Sending over $900 to some random dude in India's whatsapp would be even more Ludicrous.

m in sc

agreed. the fb mc groups are full of these guys. no fkn way.

IR8D8R

Probably made out of old brake levers and bare feet.

IR8D8R

Brad-Man

I'm glad I got my Superior WEBCO heads for my 400 engine when they were first offered...
Toys don't make the man - Man makes the toys.
1974 RD350
1975 RD350/400 project
1985 BMW K100RS

m in sc

if ralph came in with another batch they would sell out quick this time, now that they are proven, and at that cost.  dgs arent that good, by comparison w no work, kind of a no brainer IMHO

Vintagetz

I talk to Ralph pretty regularly, 

The foundry he was using went out of business and the machine shop he was using is VERY busy.  He was able to get the molds.  If there was a big enough pre-order a run may be able to be arranged.  the issue becomes the machining.  I have a machine shop that I work with that I believe can do the machining.

Now all that remains is the details on combustion chambers to do.   It gets tricky with the bore size and porting specs.

How much interest is there?

I have two sets of the raw castings and third that belongs to a race buddy, I am about to have mine machined for the new 250 and 400  race bikes.

(I need to post more, its embarrassing to be a plug fouler    :cheers: )

sav0r

Are you willing to sell a set of raw castings? I can machine them myself in my shop.
www.chrislivengood.net - for my projects and musings.

rodneya

No there are billet copies as well