(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Rust911

Started by soonerbillz, August 21, 2023, 04:00:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

soonerbillz

I ordered this off of Ebay.
Rust911
Reviews say when mixed correctly it's as good as Evaporust.
It's supposed to be a  super concentrated formula that 1 gallon will make 16 gallons of mix.
For $75 shipped to me that's a big savings.
The exhaust on my CB400F  is a one piece part and it needs derusting badly so to get it all covered in a old bathtub I use for big parts this stuff will be a huge savings, if it works as good as they claim.

Milan

Did you have time to test it out yet?

M

soonerbillz

Quote from: Milan on August 23, 2023, 02:26:39 PMDid you have time to test it out yet?

M
I'm still waiting for it to show up.
 I ordered it off of Ebay.  Supposed to get here tomorrow.
 I'll probably get it in the solution Friday or Saturday.

soonerbillz

My gallon of Rust911 concentrate arrived this afternoon.
It will be Saturday before I will have time to test it out.

soonerbillz

The package says "for use with full immersion or continuous spray"

"continuous spray"
  That's interesting.

IR8D8R

Friend of mine has a continuous spray cabinet washer intended for automatic transmissions and parts. He uses it for aluminum blocks and heads. Water-based alkaline cleaner. Works a little like a commercial dishwasher at just under boiling temps. It stinks pretty bad. You could probably pour this stuff into the tank. It is supposed to be a more environmentally friendly alternative to an immersion vat hot tank. It only holds about 20 gallons of solution that lasts for a couple months.

IR8D8R

soonerbillz

Well I  guess we will see if it works.

soonerbillz

So after a little less than 24 hours here's the results of the 1st bath.
Of course as you see I could only fit a small portion of this 1 piece exhaust in the solution at a time.
But I think the solution works as well as Evaporust.
The places that had severe corrosion now have no rust but the chrome is stained. For the most part the solution absolutely removed rust and after rinsing and drying the chrome looks great!
Now to move the part into position in the tub to clean up the rest of it.
 The last 5 pics are the part before.
The very last pic shows how bad the rust was. The first and third pics show how well the solution works I think. They show that badly rusted section and how well it cleaned up.

soonerbillz

I'm wondering if I had left it in place another 12 hours if the stains would clean up even more?
 I think I'll likely give each section a soak 2x each.

soonerbillz

1st run of the long section.
See what 24 hours does for it.

soonerbillz

Finished derusted exhaust

kpke

That sure looks nice. Great to see another similar product work that may save a few bucks derusting. I had to buy more evaporust at oreillys to fill a fuel tank. It's very expensive but works great.
https://www.youtube.com/c/KensGarage1
Hord of RZ350's
RZV500 R6 Suspension and Bodywork
R1 LE #158

85RZwade

I post waayyy too much