Deals Gap Parking lot triage, looking at sunroofed #2:

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

3D printed RD400 dash parts

Started by msr, October 10, 2023, 03:31:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

msr

I received these today from Steve Burgess in the UK. If you're on Facebook in some of the RD groups, you've likely seen some of his work. It's pretty amazing, and really helpful when you can't find parts like this in good condition. Check it out (and ignore the styrofoam dust in the picture.)

Matt

Kawtriplefreak

Hawaii-Mike

SoCal250

That's pretty cool. Nice looking repro pilot box. :thumbs:
75 Yamaha RD125B   75 Yamaha RD125B (project)
75 Yamaha RD250B   75 Yamaha RD200B (project)
73 Yamaha RD350     77 Yamaha RD400D   79 Yamaha RD400F  
91 Yamaha TZR250R  89 Yamaha FZR400   05 Yamaha FZ6   
05 Yamaha XT225TC  82 Honda MB5  02 Aprilia RS250 Cup (sold)

msr

Yeah, I'm pretty happy with it. The plastic is failing around the threaded inserts on my stock one.

Steve Burgess does a bunch of stuff like this. Last year I bought the hi/lo switch for my '73 RD350 from him - both the internal component and the external thumb switch. Works perfectly.

Evans Ward

That is cool Matt!  :thumbs:  Does the finished 3D pieces look and feel like the originals? Technology advances are amazing especially to old codgers like me that can remember telephone party lines, 8 track/ reel to reel/ and cassette tapes, etc. and... I can't forget pinball machines, Pong, Tank, and Atari!!  :gentleman:  :righteous:
1984 Yamaha RZ350
1976 Suzuki GT750
1972 Kawasaki H2 750 Mach IV

msr

Quote from: Evans Ward on October 11, 2023, 02:00:32 PMThat is cool Matt!  :thumbs:  Does the finished 3D pieces look and feel like the originals? Technology advances are amazing especially to old codgers like me that can remember telephone party lines, 8 track/ reel to reel/ and cassette tapes, etc. and... I can't forget pinball machines, Pong, Tank, and Atari!!  :gentleman:  :righteous:

it's not QUITE the same, but it's functionally good as it is. I will likely sand it a bit smoother and paint before using it.

As an aside, I literally have two reel-to-reel players in my house and am trying to find the 8-track player of my dreams. I'm a weirdo and like old technology.

Karl squire

kpke

Quote from: Evans Ward on October 11, 2023, 02:00:32 PMtelephone party lines, 8 track/ reel to reel/ and cassette tapes, etc. and... I can't forget pinball machines, Pong, Tank, and Atari!!  :gentleman:  :righteous:

You are not the only one. I was the production manager at Atari Games (coin op) for about 8 years. What a place to work that was.
https://www.youtube.com/c/KensGarage1
Hord of RZ350's
RZV500 R6 Suspension and Bodywork
R1 LE #158