Deals Gap Parking lot triage, looking at sunroofed #2:

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Pipe identification Thread

Started by m in sc, February 28, 2019, 04:05:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawaii-Mike

I think Pipeline chambers had aluminum cans. Your set looks like the ends were cut off and replaced with DG type ends.

pdxjim

Dean Moro's Pipelyne chambers were similar to DG, without removable cans.

Those pictured may be modified Pipelynes, but the hangers look different too.

Got any pics of the manifolds or spring hooks?
Wasting time on 2T forums since the dawn of the internet. '89 TDR250, '13 300xcw, '19 690smcr, '56 Porsche 356A

Hammer663

Quote from: pdxjim on December 19, 2023, 12:57:52 AMDean Moro's Pipelyne chambers were similar to DG, without removable cans.

Those pictured may be modified Pipelynes, but the hangers look different too.

Got any pics of the manifolds or spring hooks?

Took a while to respond but here's the manifolds and header tube. I see you are in Portland. So am I. One Show this year? I'll be showing an RD or 2 there.

Mike

pdxjim

I seem to remember the Pipelynes having wire spring hooks.  I sold my set almost 20yrs ago, so ....

No, I probably won't go to the One Show unless I get a free ticket.

My TDR was in the first couple of years Thor did the show.   I think 2009 and 2010?

Too much of a fashion show for me now.  :whistle:

You can check out my club here: sang-froidridingclub.com

Wasting time on 2T forums since the dawn of the internet. '89 TDR250, '13 300xcw, '19 690smcr, '56 Porsche 356A

m in sc

i have a set of piplynes, they indeed had riveted steel cans. mine had aluminum ones added later but thats exactly whats on that daytona. 

Hammer663

Quote from: m in sc on February 19, 2024, 05:20:28 PMi have a set of piplynes, they indeed had riveted steel cans. mine had aluminum ones added later but thats exactly whats on that daytona. 

I spoke with Dean and he confirmed these are pipes he built back in 1979. Pretty damn cool. I have 3 sets of pipes for my Daytona - stock, these Pipelynes, and a set of Wicked stainless steel pipes. I might sell the stock and Pipelynes. The Wicked pipes are very good.

rideitfast

Anybody want to guess who made these? They came off a 1975 RD350 and they have been on the bike since the late 70's.

m in sc

i had a set of coffmans like that. very similar looking to DGs but actually worked. might be dencos as well.

rideitfast

Here's a pic of them on the bike when I got it.

Jspooner

Quote from: rideitfast on March 03, 2024, 12:14:39 PMAnybody want to guess who made these? They came off a 1975 RD350 and they have been on the bike since the late 70's.

I think they are DGs.
"Just quit brain fucking it and get it done"