Deals Gap Parking lot triage, looking at sunroofed #2:

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Not this forums typical 2 stroke build

Started by oxford, March 09, 2024, 08:03:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oxford

Little stay out of trouble project I made. Technically a 2 stroke.

oxford

SoCal250

Awesome! That is so cool :whoop:
And, yes the link works
75 Yamaha RD125B   75 Yamaha RD125B (project)
75 Yamaha RD250B   75 Yamaha RD200B (project)
73 Yamaha RD350     77 Yamaha RD400D   79 Yamaha RD400F  
91 Yamaha TZR250R  89 Yamaha FZR400   05 Yamaha FZ6   
05 Yamaha XT225TC  82 Honda MB5  02 Aprilia RS250 Cup (sold)

oxford

Thanks, while frustrating at times, it was a fun little project.

Kawtriplefreak

chuck norris

That's cool, Did you build that from scratch?

m in sc

beautiful. and one hell of a desk fan  :olaf:

oxford

Quote from: chuck norris on March 24, 2024, 08:23:37 PMThat's cool, Did you build that from scratch?

I downloaded some plans but yes, made from scratch except for the screws although I did make the  brass hex nuts.

85RZwade

That's impressive; are you a machinist by trade?
I post waayyy too much

oxford

Quote from: 85RZwade on March 25, 2024, 03:53:20 PMThat's impressive; are you a machinist by trade?

Sorta, kinda, but not really. I have done some machining for employers but it was never my dedicated job.  I do have a mill and lathe in my garage.

IR8D8R

That is really gorgeous! Have you run it? It's almost too pretty to get dirty.

Those little diesels have always been hugely popular in Eastern Europe. Maybe because nitro was not easy to come by in the Soviet era? They run really strong but aren't as popular here. Don't know why. No glow plugs or batteries required. Just adjust the compression until they start. They last a lot longer than nitro engines too. I have one from East Germany Ca. 1950's. Still runs perfectly.

IR8D8R

m in sc

whats the little dovetail inset in the base for?

oxford

Quote from: IR8D8R on March 26, 2024, 01:56:22 PMThat is really gorgeous! Have you run it? It's almost too pretty to get dirty.

There is a link above with it running.

Quote from: m in sc on March 26, 2024, 02:26:22 PMwhats the little dovetail inset in the base for?

Good eye.  The stand doubles as a static display and also for running.  There it a piece recessed in the bottom that comes out from static and gets stood upright so it can get clamped in a vise to run.  The dovetail piece conceals the hex wrench and 2 longer screws to change over.  There is 2 spring loaded ball detents that keep it held in place.

m in sc

thats cool. i love shit like that. that folks is the difference between 'building shit' and 'craftsmanship'.  :clap:  :gentleman: 

kpke

Very cool thing and very smart engineering.  :thumbs:
https://www.youtube.com/c/KensGarage1
Hord of RZ350's
RZV500 R6 Suspension and Bodywork
R1 LE #158