News:

Mat Oxley 1986 IOM TT

click above to read more about Mat.

Main Menu

1975 RD350 Race bike build

Started by abbott10r, September 05, 2019, 02:30:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bitzz

If you plan on racing with the VRRA, and want to be competitive; get an RD400.
The class structure puts your RD350 up against TZ350s.

abbott10r

Quote from: bitzz on September 10, 2019, 10:30:59 AM
If you plan on racing with the VRRA, and want to be competitive; get an RD400.
The class structure puts your RD350 up against TZ350s.

That's weird they would do that. I was looking for an RD400 but wasn't having any luck in my financial bracket. Maybe if I come across a basket case I'll snatch one up while I work on this one. could make the 350 a street/track bike and grab a 400 to race. We'll see what happens as time allows but I look forward to the knowledge you guys have here. pretty impressive stuff.

sav0r

No Glen, that is a bummer.

I've hit a few of those walls in cars, they aren't any fun, even with a car around you. It makes a lot of sense when I think about it.

www.chrislivengood.net - for my projects and musings.

pdxjim

Speaking of rear shocks, Chris ^ does a few mods on RFY shocks to make them perform well.
Wasting time on 2T forums since the dawn of the internet. '89 TDR250, '13 300xcw, '19 690smcr, '56 Porsche 356A

abbott10r

Are these swingarms legal in vintage racing? sounds like from what I've read online, the stock RD swingers are a bit weak and flex too much. by the sounds of this VRRA rule, it needs to be of "original style". but the last sentence "Replicas of period swingarms are permitted" and that swingarm on Oilypipes website is a DG replica from the times.

http://www.oilypipes.com/yamaha-products.html

bitzz

If you plan on running VRRA middleweight production, the only class an RD has a chance in, the swingarm has to be steel... and no reservoirs on shocks.