News:

135-140 HP CASE REED H2

Built by Henry Wedge. 1st hand experience, it is indeed insane to ride.  :devil:

Main Menu

Electric Scooter

Started by jradnich, April 13, 2020, 06:59:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jradnich

The GF decided she wanted a scooter for the summer. She found a Tao Tao electric scooter on Craigslist all by herself. Had to have it because it's just so cute. I just hope it makes  it through the summer. Plastics look really flimsy ad a lot of the metal pieces, like brackets and swing arm look like they were made from scrap.
Oh well, it's in my garage now.

pdxjim

Tao Tao and IceBear are the more high profile brands of the junk Chinese scooter world.

Def the low end of the spectrum.

Good luck with it 👍
Wasting time on 2T forums since the dawn of the internet. '89 TDR250, '13 300xcw, '19 690smcr, '56 Porsche 356A

jradnich

Thanks, I wasn't thrilled about it but she wouldn't listen.

pdxjim

Hey, if it gets her down the road for a summer it'll be worth it.
Wasting time on 2T forums since the dawn of the internet. '89 TDR250, '13 300xcw, '19 690smcr, '56 Porsche 356A

85RZwade

Did someone say: junk Chinese scooter? This poor, cast-off wretch is at least a 2-stroke, came with a title and was my favorite price! Currently hovering at #71 corrected (meaning "where my to-do list intersects with my honey-do list").
I post waayyy too much

rodneya

Quote from: 85RZwade on April 18, 2020, 09:23:51 AM

Did someone say: junk Chinese scooter? This poor, cast-off wretch is at least a 2-stroke, came with a title and was my favorite price! Currently hovering at #71 corrected (meaning "where my to-do list intersects with my honey-do list").

Rebuild idea

85RZwade

Hay-soos  marimba, why didn't I think of that?
I post waayyy too much

pdxjim

What kind of scooter ya got there Wade?

Looks like a Yamaha Vino or Honda Metropolitan or more probably a Chinese knockoff?

85RZwade

It'd be that last one! Free to a buddy who cleaned out his shop and dragged it to my place. I gave it a tarp and told it to get in line.
I post waayyy too much

pdxjim

My buddies down the street at scooterswapshop.com have everything you need to make that thing rip!

Best thing is parts are really cheap (compared to motorcycle parts).

85RZwade

Portland is looking better all the time  :thumbs:
I post waayyy too much