Deals Gap Parking lot triage, looking at sunroofed #2:

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Yamaha TR2

Started by zedixe13, October 27, 2019, 06:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

m in sc

Im still skeptical they ever actually produced a disc model. maybe. But ive never seen a real deal one, ever, in shows, museums, etc.  replicas, yes.  either way, thats not what the OP has.

idr5c

Maybe that's it. But they never seem to show up in my area, so I had to build my own to thrash around the track.... which will someday be an old find and the cycle will continue.

Quote from: bitzz on October 28, 2019, 02:51:29 PM
Quote from: idr5c on October 28, 2019, 01:07:15 PM
I am insanely jealous, great find!!!!!  :whoop:

No need to be jealous. Old Yamaha racers are easy to find... ya just have to pony up the cash.

... so actually you're not jealous, you're envious.
Stephen Phillips
WMRRA #494
http://www.wmrra.com

RDFL

I have no idea what he has, I just never heard of the RX don't know what all is different about it than R5 but it looks better for some reason.

Jspooner

It's not an RD or R5 or RX WTF frame. Now that I look closer it's not even a TR3 frame. Look at the design of the tubes up by the steering head. I'm pretty sure it's a TD frame.
"Just quit brain fucking it and get it done"

zedixe13

I got my info on the 351 prefix on the motor from this model codes list , as I can see it's misleading . RD350 1973 is stated as 360 .

zedixe13

Stamped number on the motor

zedixe13

More pics , it look like a genuine TR2 frame and it's stamped accordingly as TR2-.....

A racer with a side stand

m in sc

i cant speak to the frame, but i was right on the motor for sure.

have to ask, what did you pay for it?

zedixe13

m in sc

Czakky

Seems like a steal. That thing is sweet!

teazer

What you have is a TR2 or TR2B with an RD motor.  Forks and levers and frame and swingarm and wheels are all genuine race parts as far as I can tell from those pics.  Tank is correct and the seat was a TR seat but has been stretched to take a rear lamp.

Fairing is also TR2

Pipes were TR or TD2 but the front ends were modified to fit on RD barrels. 

The front fender is street and can be replaced with a MeadSpeed replica.  Motor may be street or may be tuned.  You will find out when you strip it.

Side stand pivot was added by a PO.  They were not used on the TR/TD production racers

PIOUGHD_RD350

Mos def, a steal of a deal!
Looks killer!
I would drain the motor and put it in my living room!
Good luck on a super fun looking journey!
Mixing gas, and hauling a$$!!!
1975 Yamaha RD350 with LC top
2003 Derbi GPR50 with YZ125 motor
1989 Yamaha YSR50 1978 Puch Magnum 2018 Tomos Sprint 2005 Yamaha Zuma