Deals Gap Parking lot triage, looking at sunroofed #2:

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Koso Speedo inset in dash?

Started by Striker1423, September 01, 2020, 11:24:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Striker1423

I have a Koso Speedometer currently installed on my handlebars. It works but looks dumb. I was curious about a bracket to mimic the shape of the original speedometer that I could silicone the speedometer into and essentially replace the speedometer in the dash.

Might a 3d printer come in handy here? I have the Koso XR-01.

m in sc

woudl be easy to put it in a gutted stock gauge housing. (a bad one hopefully)

quocle603

If you end up getting a 3D printr, the Creality Ender 3 has been the best go to printer under 200 dollars but they just came out with the CR6 that has the works and upgrades that the Ender 3 would need to make it print perfectly like auto bed leveling, glass bed, and etc.   
Do not underestimate the power of a two-stroke.

1975 Yamaha RD350 (modified), 1973 Yamaha RD350 (stock), 1971 Suzuki T500, 1981 Yamaha XS650 HS2, 1982 Honda MB5, 1980 Puch Maxi, 1979 Puch Magnum, 1993 Tomos Bullet, 2003 Malaguti Firefox F15 LC

Dvsrd

Maybe an ignorant question, but why didn't you go with a round, analog speedometer instead? Or an analog tacho with a digital speedo display? Koso make a lot of altenatives.

Striker1423

Quote from: Dvsrd on September 02, 2020, 06:38:09 AM
Maybe an ignorant question, but why didn't you go with a round, analog speedometer instead? Or an analog tacho with a digital speedo display? Koso make a lot of altenatives.
Cost was the main factor. This speedo was just over 100 bucks.  But also I had intended to keep the stock speedo after having it repaired. But the cost to repair it is a bit high for me atm at $275.

Striker1423

The question is,  could I justify spending 200 on a 3d printer and messing around myself on parts? Learning CAD wouldn't be a terrible idea.

m in sc

if you want an insert to mount it, send me a speedo shell and your elec one i can draft one up pretty easy. and print it.