Deals Gap Parking lot triage, looking at sunroofed #2:

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

anybody ever tried this?

Started by Gil Gallad, November 04, 2019, 02:57:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

racerclam

I like that . I love reed conversions . I do alot of them here is a manifold I recently made and produced for early Honda elsinore 125s

racerclam

Here is the prototype installed

racerclam

oops ! that wa the wrong pic , same manifold but on a Hodaka 175 . This pic is on the Honda

m in sc

looks similar to ones i did for S series kawis a few years ago:

then the 73 h1 i had. ran 2 boost ports up the back of the cyl :

would up using chariot performance cnc'd banshee cages and PJ34's with one off dencos from Jim Hobbs. Man this bike made/makes gobs of useable power.

reed conversions are good. :metal:

racerclam

very nice work . I have 4 different manifolds that I have made and produced and apply them to many applications with use of different mounting plates Here is another one

racerclam

here is the same manifold I use on Polaris  snow machines. I have used them on Suzuki  Honda cr 250s Bultacos Hodakas and more

patastinky

Quote from: Gil Gallad on July 13, 2020, 08:56:29 AM
dead thread revisited  ;D after 7 months this is what i came up with. and this morning it ran properly for the first time. i installed it in an old gt250 frame, wired it up and fitted a temporary fuel tank. all that's left now is everything else. photo is mid build, until i can find the later photo's  8)
cheers, gil.

gt250 ramair reed conversion:

Spectacular :cheerleader:
1975 RD350 (under construction)

Organicjedi

That Suzuki engine looks great with reeds!

The H1..  :drool:

Gil Gallad

heads now off for vapour blasting, but i took this photo before i took them off. boost bottle fitted, but i just guessed the measurements - 180mm long and 24mm i.d. does it make a difference? not got a clue, but it still fires up and runs. think a trip to a dyno might help  ;D
cheers, gil.

boost bottle:

m in sc

ditch the emgos, at least run all foam ones.

Gil Gallad

hi mate, they were supposed to be here last friday, but i'm doing a diana ross again - i'm still waiting  :evil2: i just put those crappy ones on just to keep anything from going down the carbs. i always use the foam sort now  ;D
cheers, gil.

m in sc

teazer

Quote from: racerclam on July 13, 2020, 04:55:56 PM
here is the same manifold I use on Polaris  snow machines. I have used them on Suzuki  Honda cr 250s Bultacos Hodakas and more

Those look interesting.

sav0r

I know this is waaaay off topic (for real!), but I grew up in area where they were always called them "snowmobiles." This is probably a fairly common term I would think... Then I lived in Canada for while, and I've since made many friends from Canada, border states, as well as Alaska, and people from these places all seemingly call them "snow machines." This vernacular was odd to me at first. As a result, I get real romantic about that term. It just reminds me of all the friends I've made in my travels.

Anyways, continue on that sweet manifold talk.
www.chrislivengood.net - for my projects and musings.

teazer

I have chopped up a couple of sets of Arctic Cat and Polaris snow machine crankcases to harvest their organs (reed boxes).  I also have a set of 34mm zinc small body carbs from a snow machine.