This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Johnny Cash Special - Suzonda 2smoker

Started by NoRiders, December 01, 2019, 03:16:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NoRiders

Quote from: TPR5 on March 04, 2022, 10:34:54 PM
Killer build , just went through 17 pages .. ! Great work, looks like a fun ride !

You had time to read 17 pages??!! Thank you. I'm hoping it'll be a fun ride .....to the coffee shop n back :)

NoRiders

NoRiders

Shed engineering.... 🙂
I needed to shorten the footpeg pivot pins....not having immediate access to my tame turner I had to improvise a method of cutting a new groove for the retaining clips.

Also, needed them cut down with my 1mm cutting disc and profiled on my bench belt sander.

Came out OK I reckon.

I'm having a blob of MIG inside the pivot mount area so the peg doesn't go overcentre and to align the pegs level.

85RZwade

Et voila, you are a machinist! Turner, to you.
I post waayyy too much

NoRiders

Quote from: 85RZwade on March 16, 2022, 04:19:36 PM
Et voila, you are a machinist! Turner, to you.

Haha...with a big hammer & blunt chisel.

NoRiders

Blimey, has it really been 4 months?!!

Not a lot has happened due to electrical work needing my lad to fix....one way diodes on indicator idiot light repeater and headlamp wiring/relays etc. Anyhoo, it's all stitched up yesterday so now I can crack on to a finish....he stated very confidently. Not much to see that's changed but behind the headlamp cowl is a complete working wiring loom... :cheerleader:

Meanwhile, I was refitting the footpegs, gear lever and adjusting the clutch.

I think it needs the tank refitting, petrol and it just might fire up and actually ride!!

NoRiders

Got a bit more done today, tank & fuel lines connected, seat unit fitted along with the ignition switch. I've have fresh fuel and looking to fire it up tomorrow and take it round the block on a shakedown run.....hopes!!

The seat looks lik eit doesn't sit down correctly, I've since fixed velcro and with mt phat ass on the thing it'll sit tight in no time heheh!

NoRiders

Yay...I've ridden it around the block....as a random number of parts it now functions as a motorcyckle  :metal:

A few tweeks to chain, clutch adjust, fuel lines and handlebars and I'm getting an MOT next week sometime. I still have the decals to apply...eeek!

How do I upload a video?

Some stills.

Thanks for checking in.

SoCal250

:clap: Nice work! And congrats on the first local putt. :cheerleader:

You can post a video on YouTube and then use the Youtube link button in the new message toolbar (right below the "change color" option)
75 Yamaha RD125B   75 Yamaha RD125B (project)
75 Yamaha RD250B   75 Yamaha RD200B (project)
73 Yamaha RD350     77 Yamaha RD400D   79 Yamaha RD400F  
91 Yamaha TZR250R  89 Yamaha FZR400   05 Yamaha FZ6   
05 Yamaha XT225TC  82 Honda MB5  02 Aprilia RS250 Cup (sold)

85RZwade

I post waayyy too much

2steve

Nice clean, unique build.
I like the oil spatter.

RDryan

Looking sweet, she's a ripper! :olaf: Love,love to hear it. Do you know how much she weighs? Looks super clean n light. :vroom:

dgorms

rz,r5,ds7,srx,fzr400rr,vfr,cl77,s90, F-7,CL 77, CA-77,ad infinitum

NoRiders

Firstly, thank you all for your kind comments and appreciation....my humble build just might turn a few heads out there :) Nice to be recognised by my peers....if I can you all you guys that? :)

I think I may have solved the clutch release issue....I've fitted a longer/stronger return sping to the actuator lever, the clutch action and feel at the bar lever is so much more positive, especially on the release of the lever......just need to get it off the bench and road test

Thank you to all who posted with solutions and advice....I'm new to two strokes

This looks better, the new spring actually returns the arm.

In other news, I've shot some steel rattlecan over the bars and removed the padded crossbar....much better view and cleaner too. Me likey.

I had a thought to add a chain roller, so threw this together, not sure how long it will stay in place or even if it'll work. A single bolt and a shock absorber bush lined with silicon tube along the bolt and using the chainguard tab.

Also, had a minor issue with the headlamp cowl vibrating underway.....the rubber lined P clips I used were too large an i/d (36mm) on a 34mm stantion, so I replaced two easily enough, but the indicators are holding the top P clip and the entire wiring would need to be unpicked as the wires run through a hollow threaded stud....uhuh I know I know....so I used a couple of headlamp bracket mounting shims to pack out the larger clips to very good effect, I'm pleased to say the headlamp is now firm enough in place....job jobbed!! I like this as I had kept the surplus shims as I thought they might come in handy one day...et viola!!

Just the chain to shorten I reckon and another attempt at an MOT next week.  More anon....

NoRiders